Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
👋🏽 🙌 Hi, we’re the Venmo Design team and we’re imagining the future of the digital wallet and financial services. We’re a verb and the way to send and spend with you friends, local shops and online. As a design team we love making things, so our days are spent with our heads together, pondering the right things to make and how they should work. We huddle with engineers, product managers, marketing and researchers, working closely together on projects from start to finish and turn ideas into beautiful, simple and lovable products that work well and convert. In the Covid era, we stay tight with daily team calls, crits and coffee hours. We prototype thoughtful stories and create pixel-perfect designs that bring it all together. We design separately and in small groups, teach and learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We know we’re never completely done. We ship, iterate and learn from our users.
What does it mean to be a Product Designer at Venmo? To you, there’s nothing more addictive than making things that matter and showing them to people. You like telling stories and it drives you nuts when the pixels don’t come together to form a bigger picture with some meaning and feeling in between the lines. You’re fascinated by the social nuances and “story behind the money” of sending $$ between friends and connecting people to their local community of service providers and merchants. You know that the phone in your pocket is inevitably changing the gears of commerce. Your design thinking is mobile first. You love things outside of design and can teach us neat facts about them. You have a sense of humor.
- Own iOS and Android design features and projects from idea to launch and then through subsequent iteration with minimal guidance.
- Work closely with Venmo teammates from many disciplines (from product management to engineering to analytics) to define problem spaces, design solutions and help drive design strategy.
- Develop ideas and concepts quickly and at low-fidelity and collaboratively develop unexpected and stupendous designs that can be built.
- Create compelling screen designs using Sketch, prototype ideas in tools like InVision and build beautiful transitions and animations in tools like Framer.
- Execute on visual and interaction designs that scales across devices and OSs’.
- Mentor and guide other designers at Venmo as they progress in their careers and craft.
- Refine our processes and help define best practices for design at Venmo.
- 5+ years of experience designing products at a consumer-facing product company with significant focus on creating mobile experiences.
- Have a deep understanding of design processes and methods developed through experience and you balance fidelity with agility based on the task at hand.
- Your analytical thinking is rigorous and communication is precise and it shows instantly.
- Interested in exploring and experimenting without attachment.
- You can make decisions and rally various types of people around them.
- You can spend long stretches with your sleeves rolled up in execution mode and your Figma files show your ability to organize your designs precisely and in a way that’s optimized for communicating the right things with the engineering team.
- Have a knack for understanding people and how they like to do things and can combine that with testing and data to make sound design decisions.
- You know when to involve others and escalate issues.
- Your portfolio shows your range of skills: UX, research, visual design, UI, storytelling, persona creation and design process.
- Being technically fluent is very helpful (but not required) — especially if you’re able to leverage that expertise to build prototypes that convey your creative vision.
Nice To Have:
- You’ve worked closely with software engineers and know how to successfully collaborate using tools like Jira.
- Being technically fluent.
- Experience designing financial and/or social apps.
- Experience with or an understanding of financial systems.
- A sense of humor (in fact, this is a requirement, now that we think about it).
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.