Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that’s stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let’s go forward together.
The Programmer Analysts’ will be responsible for using system tools, SQL, and in some cases high-level language tools to develop custom solutions for our Payroll and HR system customers. These custom solutions include our Custom Calculations, Custom Reports, and General Ledger team. We are currently hiring Programmer Analysts for three different teams.
- Custom Calculations: Utilizes SQL code and mathematics to build custom formulas for when our client’s process payroll!
- Custom Reports: Utilizes SQL and SSRS to build reporting data for our clients!
- General Ledger: Combines Payroll and Accounting, along with SQL script, to build a custom GL report!
They additionally may be required to interact with clients to gather requirements and will be developing solutions using financial and mathematical concepts.
Reports To: Support Manager
- Interface with customer payroll data using SQL and Reporting programs
- Test calculations, reports, and system configurations; troubleshoot problems
- Validate the functionality of the end product according to the requirement specifications
- Partner with internal teams to refine customer requirements or identify alternative solutions
- Set client expectations of dates for different milestones in the process
- Explain rules, interfaces, reports, and calculations to customers to ensure that the customizations meet their needs
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to demonstrate a basic knowledge of SQL
- Prior payroll experience a plus
Additional criteria for Custom Calculations:
- Will be responsible for writing database programs to affect the results of the Paylocity Payroll calculation engine.
Additional criteria for Custom Reports:
- One-year experience with Crystal Reports or SQL Reporting Services
- Experience modifying SQL Server Stored Procedures
- Experience modifying SQL Server Reporting Services Reports
- Experience programming or reporting for accounting or payroll functions is a plus
- Familiarity with XML or XSLT translation is a plus
Additional criteria for General Ledger:
- One year experience in an accounts payable function or in a payroll General Ledger configuration role a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Familiarity with general ledge accounting principals
- Modification of SQL Server Stored Procedures
- Modification of SQL Server Reporting Services Reports
- Modification of XSLT translation routines
As of 4/8/2021: This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.