Starting Salary: $54,485.00
Pay Grade: P41
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Community Development
Location: Port Richey
General Description: Responsible technical work in managing the County’s housing loan programs, including the not-for-profit housing delivery system, the homeowner rehabilitation program, and the down payment assistance programs for those seeking housing assistance.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an emergency. During an emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions:Coordinate the activities of a major community development program with County staff, sub-recipient not-for-profit agencies, lenders, realtors, community partners, and Federal and State funding sources in compliance with Federal, State, and County regulations, policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing and computer skills, and database management skills. The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to work effectively under pressure, use independent judgment, and produce a high quality work product with tight time constraints. The successful candidate must have previous experience demonstrated by a proven track record in housing and community development, a comprehensive ability for research, and previous technical writing expertise.
The successful candidate will be the liaison for the housing not-for-profit agencies, guiding them through the property acquisition, management, and disposition process. This would include assisting agencies through the county permitting process. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical assistance and capacity building opportunities for new housing agencies, guiding them through the process, monitoring budgets and financial commitments and ensuring all funding source requirements are met.
The successful candidate will supervise and manage housing programs and plans in accordance with grant requirements..This position supervise staff processing loan applications and managing loan portfolio, review their work and participate in decisions regarding approvals and denials of applications.
The successful candidate will assist in the administration of the Housing Finance Authority for the County, providing assistance to developers and HFA members on HFA program offerings and regulatory requirements.
Additional responsibilities for this position include working with the Planning and Development Department on various community and acupuncture planning models, providing essential housing assistance for critical focus areas. In addition, the candidate will serve as staff liaison to various committees necessary to the department’s success, such as the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee.
The successful candidate will present programs to homebuyers and promote programs to bankers, builders and realtors. In addition, this position will be responsible for creating rules and policies for the implementation of programs.
This position is responsible for preparing complex reports and maintain records of program demographics and sub-recipient and County performance measurements to evaluate and analyze program effectiveness for public review. The successful candidate would develop and manage requests for proposals/qualifications, bid documents, contracts/agreements and other documents in the administration and award of the housing programs.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Knowledge of regulations and procedures for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Home Partnership Program (HOME), Emergency Solution Grant (ESG), Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) and State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP).
- Ability to interpret and understand applicable Federal, State, and local legislation, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to present ideas and findings clearly and concisely in both written and oral form.
- Ability to write and present through excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency of Microsoft Programs.
- Ability to problem solve, and create innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage and evaluate complex projects.
- Knowledge of planning timelines and budgets.
- Knowledge and experience in federal grant monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse external and internal team members.
- Ability to be a self-starter who is a quick worker, detail oriented, accurate with financial details, organized and able to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Real Estate and Financial principles.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with County employees, citizens, and State and Federal officials.
Minimum Requirements:PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Public Administration, Planning, or a related field and four (4) years’ of professional urban/regional planning, community development, or governmental grant experience in providing service delivery to the public OR a Master’s Degree in a related field and two (2) years’ of experience. One (1) year of supervisory experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver’s license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter 55A-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
PASCO COUNTY WAS VOTED ONE OF THE NATION’S TOP WORK PLACES FOR 2021