Starting Salary: $49,419.00
Pay Grade: P39
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Community Development
Location: Port Richey
General Description: Responsible for coordinating duties associated with the County’s Housing and Urban Development (HUD) entitlement and State programs for housing, community planning and development projects, including subrecipient management, financial compliance, assembling reports and planning documents, preparation of bidding documents, review and processing of contracts/agreements, and tracking program compliance. Oversees requests for proposals and notices of funding availability for grant programs as directed. Coordinates citizen engagement and participation as needed. Serve as staff liaison to advisory boards and review committees.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an emergency. During an emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions:Assists in the preparation and review of the Consolidated Planning process, including annual Action Plans; Fair Housing Plan, environment review assessments; and other grant required documents; compiling all necessary data for approval by the County and HUD. Coordinates project administration activities with County staff, consultants, contractors, and Federal and State agencies. Researches, analyzes and interprets Federal and State regulations as they apply to various funding sources for subrecipient and County compliance.
Perform project management functions for grants awarded to subrecipients and County neighborhood redevelopment projects. Duties include subrecipient training and technical assistance, development of agreements, review of project budgets and financial controls, review of payment requests, performance monitoring and financial compliance, including review of annual audits and financial statements.
Prepare complex reports and maintain records of program demographics and subrecipient.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Must be knowledgeable in all areas of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Home Partnerships Program (HOME), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), and State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) grant program requirements, including the HUD Integrated Disbursement & Information System.
- Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions, interpret and understand applicable Federal, State, and local legislation, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to present ideas and findings clearly and concisely in both written and oral form.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently.
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers; with the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with County employees, citizens, and State and Federal officials.
- Excellent computer skills and Microsoft Program skills required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Minimum Requirements:PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written, and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Public Administration, Planning, or a related field. Four (4) years of Federal and State grant experience managing projects with community development activities providing service delivery to the public.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver’s license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
PASCO COUNTY WAS VOTED ONE OF THE NATION’S TOP WORK PLACES FOR 2021