Our Client is providing Critical Care Decontamination Systems to decontaminate personal protection equipment (PPE), specifically N95 masks, for hospital workers around the country, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are hiring both Shift Leaders AND Decontamination Technicians to support our Jackson TN teams as alternate shift workers, on a part-time schedule. You would work a full 8+ hour shift, but might be less than 5 days per week, but could be up to 40 hours per week. We are looking for LOCAL candidates in the Jackson TN area only. You will be required to travel to Columbus Ohio first for training (Travel paid) and then travel back to Jackson TN and be prepared to work as needed.
As a Shift Leader, you will be overseeing teams of 8 technicians working shifts, who will be decontaminating masks using our Clients Decontamination system that are possibly infected with the COVID Virus.
OVERVIEW OF THE SHIFT LEADER ROLE:
- Managing an 8 person team of Technicians, for an 8+ hour shift, which could include an off-shift
- Loading, unloading, and tracking the inventory of masks that are decontaminated
- Working under the direction of a Site Lead, will be operating the decontamination shelters and associated equipment,
- Ensure team is operating in the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and following procedures in SOPs
- Properly handle all waste streams, and ensure operations are conducted safely.
- Shift leader is required to complete daily shift reports for the Technicians, and manage the records of time worked. Will assist team members with expense processing and time keeping.
- Work with Site Leaders to complete all necessary reports for the teams.
- Must complete required training prior to performing any decontamination tasks.
- Must be willing to submit to a Medical Exam to work on this program.
REQUIREMENTS OF SHIFT LEADER THE ROLE:
Willing to work 8+ hour shift, which could include an off-shift schedule
- Must have BA/BS, preferably in a related field (For example: Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Occupational Health, Engineering, Construction, Quality Control or Safety)
- If no degree, must have 4+ years of professional experience in one of the following areas: Quality Control, Project Management, Healthcare or Occupational Health supervisory role, Health and Safety supervisory role, Emergency/First response role, environmental remediation supervisory role or similar role. Experience performing expense and time tracking for employees preferred
- Must have experience leading/directing other employees in tasks and experience using a computer or IPAD, and experience with MS Office Suite and Time Keeping Software
- In this role, you will be overseeing up to 8 technicians per shift, using our client’s system and decontaminating masks that are possibly infected with the COVID-19 virus.
- Experience handling contaminated waste or infectious material preferred.
OVERVIEW OF DECONTAMINATION TECHNICIAN ROLE:
In this role, you will be using our client’s system and decontaminating masks that are possibly infected with the COVID-19 virus.
- Receiving the contaminated PPE from hospitals (double-bagged and contained in a rigid box)
- Donning PPE and transporting the boxes to the decontamination chamber
- Tracking inventory of PPE
- Placing PPE into the decontamination chamber on racks
- Removing PPE from the chamber after it is exposed to hydrogen peroxide vapor and aerated, tagging, documenting, and packaging it for delivery back to the hospital
- Medical monitoring on the site will occur daily (daily temperature reading of each person working at the site)
REQUIREMENTS OF THE TECHNICIAN ROLE:
- Must be willing to work 8-hour shifts (which could include 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift operations), with incremental days off.
- Must be able to travel to Columbus OH for Training and then travel to other locations in the US (Boston MA, Wacoma WA, NY, NY, Wash DC, Chicago IL).
- Must be willing to wear full PPE and be fitted for, and wear a purified air, battery-powered respirator during work shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Must have a valid drivers license and eligible to drive a rental car
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Must be willing to submit to a medical exam to be cleared to work on this project
- Ability to follow a standardized process, adhere to safety and site procedures, and perform inventory tracking.
TIME AND TRAVEL:
- Onsite training will be provided in Columbus, OH. Travel will be required to the training center. All travel expenses will be paid by the company. (Hotel, Car, flight)
- Overtime will be paid for hours over 40.
- Thank you to all of you who have already graciously stepped up to this opportunity and thank you in advance to those who will accept this assignment to help our heroic health care providers.