Park Street is an award-winning provider of innovative technology solutions for domestic and imported wine and spirits brands. The company develops proprietary web-based applications and tools which are driving the next generation of alcoholic beverage suppliers. Former McKinsey & Company principals launched Park Street in 2003. The company is headquartered in the Downtown Miami Florida area overlooking the bay, with views of South Beach. Park Street’s clients are located throughout the world, including North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, and Australia. The company is led by executives with long-standing industry relationships and decades of experience with global beverage companies including Bacardi, E. & J. Gallo, Diageo, Coca Cola, and more. Team members are highly focused and production-oriented while maintaining a positive and congenial work environment.
Our team members share a common set of values—integrity, intensity, innovation, and flawless execution. If you share in our values and if you’re looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, please contact us.
The company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
An opportunity exists for a Special Projects Management Trainee in a dynamic provider of back-office solutions, advisory services, and working capital solutions to domestic and imported alcoholic beverage company. This position offers the right candidate an excellent starting point within the organization and will provide opportunities for career development and growth. The purpose of the position is to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects using advanced planning skills and project management expertise. You will plan project requirements with internal clients and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, developing and maintaining project budgets, and identifying risks, and keeping relevant project stakeholders informed. You will need to be equally at home explaining analyses and recommendations to senior executives as you are implementing solutions with internal and external clients, vendors, and other stakeholders, as applicable.
In this position, you will develop detailed project plans and drive execution of those project plans with cross-functional teams (e.g., Operations, Business Development, IT, Accounting and Finance, Legal, etc.). You will manage dependencies, risks, and any changes to project scope. You will be responsible for all operating mechanisms, deliverables, and metrics related to the projects. This position reports to the General Manager of the company.
By way of example, projects may include but not be limited to the following:
1. Managing new office build out, including sourcing, qualifying, and selecting vendors, developing and managing budgets, and adhering to timelines
2. Participating in the design, development, and implementation of new business processes
3. Analyzing data sets to test hypotheses during the project planning process
4. Researching and reporting on potential expansion opportunities and new service lines
5. Coordinating analyst activities in the production and distribution of market data presentations
· Scope, manage, and deliver on small, medium and large cross-functional projects to improve business efficiency, increase service quality, and drive growth
· Develop detailed project plans with clear identification of resources, dependencies, risks, milestones, and timelines
· Develop detailed cost estimates for projects
· Conduct analyses and prepare business cases to support decision-making
· Communicate with leadership and other stakeholders on project proposals, progress, and outcomes
· Ensure effectiveness of changes through establishment of ongoing monitoring and iteration
· Partner with and teams across the organization to drive project performance and manage change
· Improve project management processes and increase efficiencies on a continuous basis
· Document all projects in order to build institutional knowledge
· Run RFP processes, as applicable; source, negotiate, and manage vendors and external stakeholders
· Ensure legal and regulatory compliance on all projects
Mandatory Skills and Qualifications
· Minimum 2 years of project management or related experience
· Advanced budgeting/costing capabilities
· Strong analytical skills – data-driven analytical approach towards solving complex challenges
· Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems in individual and team settings, with emphasis on the ability to own and close project from ideation to completion on-time and on-budget
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment
· Ability to learn a new business domain and build subject matter expertise in a short period.
· Established track record of developing effective cross-functional relationships
· Strong customer service skills – ability to interact with diverse groups, spanning all organizational levels
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
· Desire to accomplish goals
· Ability to work independently
· Comfortable working flexible hours in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Congenial personality and ability to work as part of a high performance team
· Bachelor’s Degree