As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
- Organize and implement moderate to large process improvements, problem elimination and capital/expense projects focusing on asset health and overall improved reliability.
- Coordinate implementation plans for Manufacturing Excellence Audits
- Provide production-oriented support to Plant Operations Management.
- Provide maintenance-oriented support to Plant Maintenance Management.
- Provide technical leadership for project teams, hourly employees, technicians, process technology and others to contribute to plant optimization.
- Implement reliability improvement and plant optimization systems.
- Troubleshooting problems and perform root cause analysis.
- Modify and optimize the maintenance (PM) work process.
- Support the lubrication and inspection programs for maintenance and operations basic care.
- Coordinate the pressure vessel and equipment integrity programs.
- Recommend innovative solutions to improve equipment, facility, and plant operations.
- Track maintenance and process downtime data to provide solutions for repetitive equipment failures/breakdowns and operational inefficiencies.
- Know and follow policies and procedures of the company, share information that would benefit other members of the team and find ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers.
- Strive to continually strengthen PCA’s business philosophy of meeting needs and exceeding expectation for customers specifically supporting PCA’s Commitment to Service which involves doing what’s right for our customers, focusing on strategies that add value and support growth, and keeping the promises that we make.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 1-3 years of engineering experience providing technical support in a manufacturing plant or industrial environment.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing exposure.
- Experience in providing technical support on manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Project management experience.
- Good planning and prioritizing skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and “drive” initiatives with minimal need for oversight.
- Previous work experience as a member of a team, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing between team members.
Competitive pay and benefit package.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.