Pace Analytical Life Sciences’ HR team is growing! We are currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team of HR Professionals in providing support across the Life Sciences Division. This position will be located in our Oakdale, Minnesota facility.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in the following functional areas: Employee Relations, Performance Management, Benefits Administration, Leaves, Recruitment and Onboarding. This position requires a dedicated, enthusiastic, and perceptive person, with the proven ability to relate to individuals at all levels within the organization.
This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained here and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills
- Function as a strategic business partner to the Operations Team
- Play a critical role in developing and maintaining a positive culture that leads to increased employee engagement at all levels
- Assist and makes recommendations to supervisors and employees in employee relations issues.
- Assist and coach managers in performance management efforts, recommends corrective action and ensures consistency in the application of policy and procedures
- Responsible for the administration of LOA policies and processes. Educate employees and supervisors about their rights and responsibilities relevant to FMLA, ADA, and workers’ compensation as needed
- Conducts new employee orientations; serves as primary resource for answering new hire questions.
- Coordinate on-boarding activities in conjunction with Laboratory Training Specialist
- Acts as primary point of contact for employees to answer any questions, provide key information and introduce key people within the organization
- Fields day to day questions about benefits and HR related questions from employees
- Provides support and maintenance of HRIS and other systems.
- Research and stays informed about best practices. Expands knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and environmental changes that could affect HR.
- Support our Division Recruiter through assisting in all aspects of the recruiting function as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources administration, or a closely related field; and a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of professional human resources experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- SHRM certification preferred
- Prior experience working in a fast paced, dynamic, organization required
- Ability to work independently, effectively multi-task and prioritize work.
- Proven experience with employee relations, performance management, recruitment, FMLA, leave administration, benefit administration, and employee development.
- Current knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations
- HRIS experience preferably with ADP
- Providing consulting services to supervisors and managers
- Professional demeanor with the proven ability to remain calm under pressure
- Positive and enthusiastic personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone. Ability to travel occasionally as needed.
Work is performed in an office setting. Work maybe be subject to chemical, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab setting from time to time.
Pace Analytical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.