PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Plant Cost Accounting Analyst will be responsible for various plant cost and operational analyses.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate cost standards, variance analysis, cost applications, and inventory valuation based on knowledge of product, pricing, procurement, manufacturing, and systems.
- Perform and coordinate interim physical inventories, factor studies, and sales cut off verification.
- Prepare timely, accurate, and meaningful financial reports, cost analyses, and forecasts. Analyze data and communicate opportunities to reduce cost and maximize profit.
- Prepare and analyze cost accounting journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Perform internal control reviews, including Sarbanes Oxley documentation and testing, ensuring Corporate, Division and local procedures and controls are effective and operating in all areas.
- Provide back up support for other accounting areas as required.
- Support plant projects, including plant comparisons, rearrangement events, and system related projects.
- Maintain effective oral and written communications with other members of the management team and provide backup support for other Accounting areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BS or BA degree in Accounting with 3 – 5 years experience in accounting, background in manufacturing environment preferred. CPA/CMA and/or MBA is highly preferred. Must be proficient in PC’s and the use of Windows-based programs including Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables, and charts), Power Point, Access and Word. Demonstrated interpersonal, technical, and communication skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
MUST MEET PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION WITH OR WITHOUT ACCOMMODATIONS.
BS or BA degree in Accounting with 3 – 5 years experience in accounting, background in manufacturing environment preferred. CPA/CMA and/or MBA is highly preferred.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.