The Senior Financial Analyst provides financial leadership to the Blythewood Non-Woven Plant. The position reports to the Plant Leader. The Senior Financial Analyst is a dynamic leader and responsible for maintaining a controls environment that complies with the Company’s internal control policies and Sarbanes Oxley. The position is an important part of the financial talent pipeline and serves as a feeder for larger plants as well as corporate roles.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope – human in scale.
Lead Safety for an injury free work environment
- Provide a safe and secure work environment for all employees, contractors and visitors
- Ensures a clear and effective measurement system is followed and used to drive results; rewards and celebrates safe behavior and achievements; ensures accountability
- Participates in work area self-inspections and accident investigations as well as recommends corrective actions to make the workplace safer
- Allocates resource requirements and investments required to achieve zero injuries, including systems, focused programs and leadership
- Leads and supports safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero recordable injuries
- HRC certified or working towards HRC certification with a clear plan and anticipated completion date
- Leads through a safety lens with LPA’s for safety, inspection of PJHA’s and leading activities to provide the promotion of a facility safety culture
- Includes safety KPI’s and KAI’s as primary goals for personal performance
Metrics: Recordable Incident Rate (RIR) and Near-miss/first aid reporting
- Participates in the development of operational objectives for the plants that are aligned to Corporate and Division strategic objectives
- Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement and corrective actions to ensure optimal facility financial results and shareholder value
- Participates in reporting of results for Blythewood Plant, providing insight and analysis that identifies opportunities and decision support
Metrics: Standard operating rhythm in place and frequency established; Operating Plans executed; Process expectations and timings met
Financial and Operational Controls
- Ensures the internal controls environment is operating effectively in all areas including data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.
- Leads and coaches plant leadership to ensure that accountability for internal controls is clear and procedures documented
- Leads the continuous sign off process and works with the plants to modify procedures for changes in policy
- Owns and drives a robust quarterly representation letter process and provides assurance and visibility to internal controls
Metrics: Controls performance ratings; Audit ratings
Reporting and analysis
- Leads financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Prepares and delivers the plant financial forecasts and projections
- Actively participate in the plant’s monthly closing process in conjunction with the Accounting team
- Communicates results effectively to management and non-financial personnel
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to plan and forecast
- Provides risk analysis for contingency planning
Metrics: Timely and accurate closing process; forecast accuracy and timeliness; balance sheet integrity
Improve plant profitability
- Leads actions in line with achieving targets, mitigating risk and prioritizing resource needs
- Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement and corrective actions to ensure facility optimal financial results and shareholder value
- Provides insightful and competitive analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making
- Provides investment analysis
- Educates plant personnel on key performance metrics
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders of the business providing education and training on the key principles of Finance
Metrics: Key performance indicators (KPIs); Productivity against plan; financial performance against plan; return on capital; results of capital projects
Cross-functional leadership and team contribution
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, division or corporate objectives
- Shares best practices across division; e.g., process improvements, financial modeling and procedural changes.
- Aligns teams and resources to solve problems and drive results
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant discipline a must.
- Providing leadership to organizations within a manufacturing operation(s)—leading operations planning, collaborating to identify productivity opportunities, forecasting and investment analysis.
- Operating in a range of economic conditions; e.g., expansion, contraction, stable economic conditions—forecasting, scenario planning, risk analysis and contingency development.
- Delivering continuous improvement utilizing operating models such as Total Productivity Maintenance (TPM)
- Participating in the development of strategic plans
- Demonstrated high growth in previous experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Office/Excel
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of corporate. finance and manufacturing costing principles—understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple, impactful terms
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs—effectively develops business cases and enroll leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action
- Demonstrated ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market and uses this knowledge to drive customer and product profitability decisions
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Intelligent, creative, analytical
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level—has a bias for proactive action
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles
- Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, encourage teamwork, collaboration, and effective communication.
- Passionate, charismatic personality; articulate, approachable and friendly
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate information and recognizes uncertainty of success; weighs and manages risk in decision making; able to make decisions detrimental to a few but helpful to many.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner. Shows good judgment, does not allow feeling or biases to distract reasoning, does not rationalize failures
- Freely states opinions and feelings. Expresses him/her self directly and candidly
- Shows appreciation for and understanding of the feelings of others. Aware of personal impact on others. Expresses opinions without offending or creating defensiveness