We only accept applications submitted through the Otis Career site.
At Otis, we are focused on the future – pioneering a new generation of products and services that are smarter, more effective, data-rich and more connected. This digital transformation is being built on innovative engineering talent and leadership in the areas of software, electrical and mechanical engineering using state of the art tools and processes. We move billions of people every day driven by our talented team of more than 69,000 employees who are passionate about what we do and what’s next. From our foundation of excellent products (escalators, elevators and moving walkways) to our next chapter of digital transformation, this is a great time to join us as Engineering Associate in the Rising Leaders Program.
What is the Engineering Rising Leaders Program?
· A two-year rotational program designed to develop future people leaders for Otis.
· Associates complete three 8-month rotations in different Engineering departments.
· Associates gain exposure to different career paths in Engineering building technical skills, business acumen and leadership skills.
· New associates start every June.
Who is the Engineering Rising Leaders Program for?
· Students graduating December 2020 through May 2021 with a bachelor’s degree in computer/Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
· Students who want to explore different areas of Engineering and who have long term career goals to become people leaders.
· Students who are interested geographically relocating to different locations throughout the two years, plus opportunities for domestic travel and potential international travel.
· Students looking for challenging and meaningful work while developing technical, business, and people management skills.
What type of rotational assignment could an associate do:
- Embedded Software – participating in the creation of robust embedded software solutions and modernizing our engineering software development practices, which includes increasing the predictability, development speed, and quality of software-rich products.
- Systems Modeling – responsible for model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools to develop and analyze architectures, designs, and requirements of electrical and electromechanical systems.
- Controls – advancing electronic and software controls capabilities through analytical and model-based design (MBD) tools/methodologies to implement capabilities to implement advanced control algorithms focusing on motion control, programmable electronic safety, and dispatching products.
- Innovation – reigniting Otis innovation focusing on opportunity analysis, exploration of new ideas and concepts, and by validating these ideas through the implementation of software, electrical, and/or mechanical MVPs (minimum viable products).
What are the perks of the program and working for Otis?
- You will develop a cross-business, cross-functional network that will expand as your career grows.
- You will have dedicated support network of people supporting your professional development include a senior leader mentor for career guidance for the two-years of the program.
- You will receive leadership training with associates across all the Otis Rising Leaders Program tracks.
- You will have access to Otis leadership across the organization and opportunities to work on high-impact, high-visibility projects and/or programs
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will be placed in a full-time Engineering position at Otis.
- Otis has over 50 global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) across affinities: Women in the field and in the office, African-American, Asian, Hispanic, Disability, Generational, LGBTQ and Veterans.
- Otis’ Employee Scholar Program (ESP) covers tuition, books, and some fees for any Otis employee who want continue their education (employees must work for Otis for 12-consecutive months prior to participating in the ESP).
Education / Certifications
· Minimum B.A./B.S. degree required in an Engineering related field e.g., Electrical Engineering, , Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering etc.
Experience / Qualifications
· Willingness to travel and take assignments in different locations
· Candidates must be a current US Citizen or permanent resident
· Minimum of 1 internship or 1 co-op experience or prior work experience preferred
· Less than one year of professional work experience
· Proactive and results-driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
· High execution and follow through – willing to roll up their sleeves and pitch in to make meaningful change benefiting our customers, people, and organization
· Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
· Capacity to lead, motivate and influence through effective communications
· Foreign language proficiency is a plus (not required)
Otis is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.