We only accept applications submitted through the Otis Career site.
At Otis, we are focused on the future – pioneering a new generation of products and services that are smarter, more effective, data-rich and more connected. We move billions of people every day driven by our talented team of more than 69,000 employees who are passionate about what we do and what’s next. From our foundation of excellent products (escalators, elevators and moving walkways) to our next chapter of digital transformation, this is a great time to join us as a Digital Technology Associate in the Rising Leaders Program.
The Rising Leaders Program is designed to develop and launch the career of high performing university graduates and build a robust pipeline of future leaders for Otis. New graduates will have the opportunity to grow through a series of three, meaningful, diverse and challenging assignments over the course of 2 years beginning in the summer of 2021. Program members will join this rotational leadership program with a cohort and each member will be paired with an executive level mentor to guide and facilitate your progression. Associates will work on meaningful assignments related to Otis operational transformation and will present assignment findings and recommendations to senior executives. There is opportunity for domestic travel and in some cases international travel.
You will have the unique opportunity to develop a broad operational knowledge base and skill set by working in at least three of the Operational areas described below.
- Digital Strategy: develop expertise with leading software development teams in collaboration with global cross-functional teams across product management, UX, UI, design, engineering, sales, and marketing
- Internet of Things & Mobility Programs: provides an understanding of Otis service and digital transformation and the opportunity to lead and manage mobility app development and device deployment to field technicians.
- Digital Global Business Solutions: develop a broad understanding of the global business systems including financial systems and controls and HR and payroll applications. Join technology project teams that collaborate closely with cross functional stakeholders that drive business process improvement, automation, and drive efficiencies and cost savings for the business
- Data & Analytics: Join Otis’ team of data scientists to analyze Otis operational, passenger traffic, equipment sensor and market data and to define strategy, improve performance, recognize latent trends, and identify market growth opportunities.
- Cyber Security: provides an understanding of the company’s Cyber Security and Risk Management programs, products policies and standards. Associates will have an opportunity to learn best practices and develop solutions to support Cyber Security Product Management, Identity Access Management, Operations and Policy and Governance
In addition, the program fundamentals include:
- Developing a cross-business, cross-functional network that will expand as your career grows
- Receiving leadership training, mentoring & guidance from Otis Digital Technology Leaders to facilitate your career progression
- Working with leadership and current Associates to continuously improve the quality of the program
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be placed in a full-time Digital Technology position at Otis.
Education / Certifications
- Minimum B.A./B.S. degree required in a Technology related field e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cyber Security Management, Information Systems, Robotics etc.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 internship or 1 co-op experience or prior work experience preferred
- Less than one year of professional work experience
- Proactive and results-driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- High execution and follow through – willing to roll up their sleeves and pitch in to make meaningful change benefiting our customers, people, and organization
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Capacity to lead, motivate and influence through effective communications
- Willingness to travel and take assignments in different locations
- Candidates must be a current US Citizen or permanent resident
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus (not required)
Otis is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.