If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your field operations career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking motivated, top performing field operations professionals to deliver high quality products/services that meet customer needs.
The Western Region of Otis Elevator has opportunities for individuals interested in a field leadership position in downtown Chicago, IL office. As a field management associate (FMDP), you will participate in a comprehensive management development program combining classroom, computer-based modules and on-the-job training for 6 months. The extensive training program provides the foundational skills and technical expertise in the elevator trade, as well as provides tools to be successful in leading a team of field maintenance mechanics. Upon successful completion of the program, the incumbent will assume a leadership role as a Maintenance Supervisor and must be willing to relocate based on the needs of the region. In this role, you will have responsibility for leading a team of mechanics and directing the performance of field maintenance and contractual service operations. Areas of responsibility will include improving efficiencies, leading safety, managing callback rates and providing technical support; route control and scheduling; authorization of repair orders; quality assurance to Otis and the customer; managing the expenditure of labor, materials and other assets.
Education / Certifications
- Associates, trade/technical and/or bachelor’s degree required
- Prior supervisory/management experience leading a technical team
- Organized self-starter with excellent time and project management skills as well as a strong technical background
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player with a customer focused outlook, having the initiative and motivation to be successful in a demanding, technical environment
- Must possess proficient oral and written communication and presentation skills and be able to communicate effectively with wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels and disciplines
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with coworkers, supervisors, managers, clients and others in contact with the job
- Must be able to interpret basic financial statements and grasp profit and loss accountability, demonstrating strength in business judgment and decision making
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.