Project Manager 3 – Assistant Toll Program Director
Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations – Urban Mobility Office
Bring your toll systems expertise to our agency as our Assistant Toll Program Director! In this role, you will assist the Toll Program Director in developing a toll system, including a new back office, customer service center and toll points on authorized toll roadways.
Our Urban Mobility Office is developing toll options that work for the region in collaboration with our local and regional partners, stakeholders and communities. Click here to learn more about our Toll Program.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
Our first application screening is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 10, 2021. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
A day in the life:
- Under the direction of the Toll Program Director, manage and lead all project management functions within the Toll Program.
- Interface with our Information Systems Branch and information technology contractors, vendors, information systems managers/staff, project managers and project leads.
- Assist the Toll Program Director in:
- Coordinating all governance processes related to tolling.
- Managing and communicate plans to address issues of equity in the implementation of the program.
- Performing all budget-related functions.
- Determining the overall strategy and objective for delivering the program.
- Establishing a set of performance metrics for tolling.
- Negotiating and managing multi-year, multi-million dollar vendor contracts.
- Setting up policies and procedures for an operational toll program.
- Work is performed in an office environment with occasional travel to remote construction/operations sites.
- Click here to view the position description, including the full list of duties and working conditions.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Portland, Oregon!
What we need:
Seven years of professional level experience related to the class concept.
Six years of professional level experience related to the class concept and an Oregon Project Management Associate Certification.
Four years of professional level experience related to the class concept and a bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, public administration, or a closely related field.
Two years of professional level experience and Project Management Professional Certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
Please click here for a link to the class concept.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Proven experience in installing, operating and maintaining active toll systems.
- Understanding of tolls and congestion pricing principles, policies and best practices.
- Experience applying skills to strategically facilitate teams of technical staff, develop business plans and strategies to meet goals and objectives.
- Experience overseeing financial toll collection systems and back office accounting.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, 03/10/2021, but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Click the external application link on Handshake to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer