Performs complex professional work augmenting the primary health care physician in making medical diagnoses and dispensing medical treatment, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Public Health Nursing Supervisor and the clinical supervision of the Physician Preceptor.
- Position Responsibilities:Obtain a thorough patient history and physical examination.
- Perform appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Provision of Prenatal Care services to include physical assessment and follow up visits and collaboration with supervising OB Physician as needed.
- Head to toe assessments for women seeking preventive health care, services may include prescribing birth control, placing IUDs and Nexplanons.
- Head to toe assessment on children from birth to 20 years old for well care services only.
- Provider will assess male and female clients for diagnosis and treatment of STIs and may consult on other communicable diseases.
- Develop and maintain health care and therapeutic plans, and counsel patients.
- Performs assigned functions as a Disaster Ready Team (DRT) member, if appointed or volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:Thorough knowledge of techniques of interviewing, medical and relevant history taking, principles and practices of general medicine and disease states as they relate to the area of work; thorough knowledge of health appraisal tools, laboratory tests and findings, materia medica, and therapeutic procedures as relate to the area of work; thorough knowledge and ability to plan a regime of care based on assessment and findings; considerable knowledge of available resources and appropriate referral methods. Skills in performing clinical functions. Skill in assisting with routine surgical procedures. Ability to examine patients and detect abnormalities; ability to record accurately and completely all information necessary to evaluate and plan care and to convey this to the physician; ability to
communicate orally; ability to teach and counsel individuals, families and groups in areas of health maintenance, preventive medicine, and care of the sick; and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and to gain the confidence of patients and families and work effectively with them; some ability to plan and conduct inservice training programs. Ability to operate a personal computer and standard office productivity software.
Education, Experience, and Special Requirements:Master’s degree in Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, or Certified Nurse Midwifery, or related field and moderate experience as a physician extender, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary will be determined based on qualifications, internal equity, budget, and market considerations.
In order to be considered for this position, your final transcript showing the date that your degree was awarded and/or any required certificates or licenses must be uploaded with you application even if you are a current employee or we have received it with a previous application.