Future Labs Program Coordinator
For more than a decade, One Earth Future (OEF) has worked to solve complex problems at the root of armed conflict. Through its unique culture of iterative learning and improvement, OEF designs, tests, and partners to scale programs that help communities see problems in new ways and solve them collectively. Future Labs (www.futurelabs.org) is the new initiative development department of OEF.
With its headquarters in Colorado and offices around the world, OEF operates as a portfolio of peacebuilding programs, each with its own director, strategy, and budget. What holds them together is a common purpose: to provide an impartial platform for diverse stakeholders to form adaptive problem-solving networks for peace. At the foundation level, OEF provides the financial, strategic, and operational support needed to iteratively develop solutions to complex problems that could not have been designed in advance.
The Future Labs Program Coordinator will provide support to leadership in the development and initial implementation of new initiatives. The Program Coordinator is responsible for completing assignments with demanding deadlines and being a productive member of numerous initiatives and teams. This position reports to the Program Manager of Future Labs but will also work closely with other leadership and staff on a project-by-project basis.
Full time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
The starting pay range for this position is $19 – $21 per hour
This position is benefits eligible. Offered benefits include Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability, and a 401k.
This position is located at the OEF central office in Broomfield, Colorado. The position will be remote until the Broomfield offices reopens (it is currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic).
Program Manager, Future Labs
- Approximately 50% of time will be spent supporting Future Labs and 50% supporting the Executive Director.
- Coordinate efforts related to project development, implementation, and oversight including stakeholder engagement, due diligence, and research.
- Conduct, facilitate, and produce research using both primary and secondary sources for internal requests and external partnerships.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for meetings, events, and domestic/international travel.
- Liaise with other programs and departments to support the priorities of the Executive Director.
- Utilize and maintain internal administrative systems including but not limited to data entry, grant processing, monitoring & evaluation, and expense reconciliations.
- Facilitate communication on behalf of the Executive Director, both internally and externally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Competences:
This role requires a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who can complete duties to a high degree, as assigned, and on time. Specific requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Knowledge in international relations, peacebuilding, conflict resolution, or related fields.
- Superb organizational skills and proven research abilities.
- A proactive and efficient approach to work and completing assigned tasks.
- Ability to learn rapidly, prioritize workloads, and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations, demonstrating poise, tact, and diplomacy with a positive attitude.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Strong computer and word processing skills using Google Suite and MS Office.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Passion for working in a team environment.
- Commitment to OEF’s vision, mission, and values (www.oneearthfuture.org).
- Experience or interest in geographies where OEF operates.
- Past experience in data collection processes and/or interpreting business documents.
- Past experience in and/or comfortable reporting to multiple managers, working across departments to complete tasks, and dealing with ambiguity, or false-starts/failures.
- Past experience creating, improving, and/or implementing administrative processes and procedures.
- Spanish and/or Somali language fluency
Physical Work Demands:
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 lbs regularly.
At One Earth Future (OEF), we celebrate difference and welcome its benefits. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.