Okemos Public Montessori at Central Elementary ~ Principal
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD
Salary Schedule Starts at $100,842
- Minimum of 3 years teaching or equivalent experience required
- Valid teaching certificate/license.
- Must possess or be in process of obtaining Administrative certification.
- Master’s degree required
- Elementary experience preferred
- Administrative experience preferred.
- Montessori experience preferred
- Possesses an understanding of best practice and evidence-based interventions and the skill set to implement systems to promote school-wide student success.
- Interprets student achievement data and works with school staff to utilize the data to inform instruction.
- Ability to provide instructional leadership – – curriculum planning and alignment, review and implementation
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with parents/guardians, parent groups, school volunteers, and outside agencies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish positive and respectful relationships with a diverse student population.
- Responsible for day-to-day building administration and the safety and welfare of both students and staff.
- Establish a safe, pleasant, and effective educational atmosphere that provides discipline as necessary and enforces school policy.
- Ability to establish priorities to meet the needs of students and teachers through collaboration with staff and parents
- Ability to evaluate performance and effectiveness of programs and staff
- Ability to prepare the school budget
- Knowledge of staffing and student scheduling process
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent
Location: Central Elementary
Apply online via Applitrak
Applications accepted until 4:00 p.m. Friday, April 10, 2021
Full job description available upon request.