Marketing and Communications Manager
OceanX is a mission to support scientists to explore the ocean and to bring it back to the world through captivating media. Uniting leading media, science, and philanthropy partners, OceanX utilizes next-gen technology, fearless science, compelling storytelling, and immersive experiences to educate, inspire, and connect the world with the ocean and build a global community deeply engaged with understanding, enjoying, and protecting our oceans. OceanX is an initiative of Dalio Philanthropies, which furthers the diverse philanthropic interests of Dalio family members. For more information, visit www.oceanx.org and follow OceanX on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Please apply here: https://oceanx.org/forms/join-our-team
The ideal candidate will be eager to tackle the challenges of managing the strategy and implementation of communications, marketing, and branding for OceanX. Generating buzz about existing and new missions and initiatives will help OceanX fulfill its mission of raising global awareness of and excitement about ocean exploration and conservation. The position will be responsible for ensuring that the organization gets the strategic and tactical communications advice and support required around key initiatives, including public relations and other marketing activities. “Roll-up-the-sleeves execution of marketing and communications strategies is an imperative part of this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop communications strategies and reconcile related promotional budgets
- Drive internal and external communications around OceanX initiatives, including media, partnerships and science
- Develop and maintain the overall brand for OceanX
- Create and implement marketing strategies and materials that build and raise brand recognition
- Coordinate release dates for recurring publications and project-related communications, including press releases and mission media
- Ensure the development, monitoring, and measurement of the required communication strategies, frameworks and policies
- Increase the communications capability and performance of the organization, particularly internal and external spokespeople, and orchestrate public appearances by OceanX team members
- Build the relationships required for success in the role including with partner counterparts
- Manage PR consultants
- Manage the overall budget
o 7+ years of experience and a track record in Marketing, Communications or similar field
o Ability to work and thrive in an entrepreneurial, rapidly evolving environment, with significant ambiguity
o Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications
o Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content
o Strong project management capabilities
o BA/BS degree, with graduate degree preferred
o Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
o Highly independent, self-starter
o Ability to think strategically and conceptually
o Comfortable with ambiguity, and the ability to shape partnerships in a variety of ways, navigating that ambiguity
o Machine-like approach to design and planning
o Determined, resourceful and practical
o Strong work ethic
o Maintains high standards and is results oriented
Compensation for the role includes a competitive salary, and an excellent package of health and other employee benefits.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application using the OceanX Application portal at the following link: LINK HERE. No phone inquiries please.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. OceanX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment at OceanX is subject to an extensive background check.
All correspondence will remain confidential.