The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Communications Specialist with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s grad to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
· Assist with the planning and development;
· Maintaining records of meetings;
· Assist with development of internal and external web content; and
· Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s facility in Research Triangle Park, NC
Salary: $22.02 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
· Previous work, volunteer or school experience writing about complex scientific topics, as evidenced by a scientifically-oriented writing sample.
· Previous course work learning how to measure the effectiveness of communications campaigns including tracking media coverage, social media metrics and website metrics.
· Previous course work or experience writing website content, blogs, tweets, and Facebook posts for communications campaigns.
· Work or school experience in administration support functions including managing records (electronic and hardcopy), coordinating webinars or other meetings, and updating databases.
· Strong proof reading and editing skills in the English language.
What the EPA project is about
The Center for Computational Toxicology and Exposure (CCTE) supports ORD by providing solutions-driven research to rapidly evaluate the potential human health and environmental risks due to exposures to environmental stressors and ensure the integrity of the freshwater environment and its capacity to support human well-being. CCTE researchers are developing and applying cutting edge innovations in methods to rapidly evaluate chemical toxicity, transport, and exposure to people and environments.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, technical communications, environmental studies, or a related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org