The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Environmental Laboratory Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Gulf Breeze, FL.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s grad to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
· Performing chemical calculations;
· Preparing solutions;
· Working with heavy metals; and
· Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s facility in Gulf Breeze, FL
Salary: $21.37 per hour.
Travel: No overnight travel is anticipated.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
· Academic coursework including science courses with laboratory components;
· Experience following written protocols;
· Proficiency performing basic chemistry calculations, preparing solutions, and pipetting;
· Experience following safety procedures when working in the laboratory including with hazardous chemicals such as heavy metals;
· Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills; and
· Experience using MS Office Products such as MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
· Training and/or experience in a molecular biology, microbiology, or chemistry lab; and
· Experience using R Studio and GIS.
What the EPA project is about
The CEMM conducts research to advance EPA’s ability to measure and model contaminants in the environment, including research to provide fundamental methods and models needed to implement environmental statutes. This opportunity supports the goals of the EPA Office of Research and Development Safe and Healthy Communities research area to reduce heavy metal levels and exposure at contaminated sites.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, biology, chemistry, or a related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org