The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Audit Administration Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Washington, D.C.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Providing Support of the current and future audit tracking databases and systems;
- Assisting in responding to high priority requests that require short turn-around times and attention to detail;
- Becoming familiar with program policies and operating procedures and apply to ongoing activities; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s facility in Washington, D.C.
Salary: $23.26 per hour.
Travel: Overnight travel will not be required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook);
- Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, electronic, telephone etiquette, presentation abilities);
- Strong organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments with competing deadlines, for more than one staff member in a fast-paced environment with geographically co-located offices;
- Experience in administrative support functions (i.e., recordkeeping, filing) and managing records (electronic and hardcopy) and/or databases; and
- Experience conducting internet research.
- Experience involving the operation of video teleconferencing equipment;
- Experience with desktop publishing software; and
- Experience organizing, tracking and coordinating large amounts of electronic information.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Resource Management is the premier provider of administrative services that enable and support research within the EPA’s Office of Research and Development (ORD). It is composed of five divisions with responsibility for extramural programs, budget execution, travel and human resources. This opportunity is located within the Improvement & Accountability Division (IAD). IAD provides leadership to ORD on the impact and use of policies, procedures, programs, and organizational relationships related to the operation of a variety of administrative and operational areas. IAD provides ORD-wide direction and leadership in the development, implementation, and assessment of a full range of short- and long-term processes, operating procedures and programs. The Division seeks solutions and approaches and provides advisory and consultative support to establish the management and oversight framework and infrastructure, along with physical and operational infrastructure, to serve ORD. IAD has the lead responsibility for the management and administration of all ORD policies.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Policy, Public Administration or Liberal Arts or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email Elyse.Morrow@ORAU.org