About New York City Cyber Command
New York City Cyber Command (NYC3) is committed to protecting City systems that provide vital services to New Yorkers from cyber threats, and helping residents become safer in their digital lives.
As the organization defending the largest municipality in the country, NYC3 is charged with directing citywide incident response, setting citywide cybersecurity policies and standards and working with city agencies to strengthen their cyber defenses.
The Cyber Engagement Manager will report to the Director of Cyber Engagement and be responsible for overseeing the deployment and implementation of complex cybersecurity capabilities at a portfolio of city agencies. Duties will include:
– Partner with the Cyber Command’s strategic planning and technical teams to develop cybersecurity roadmaps for a portfolio of departments and entities, including milestones, goals and deliverables that adhere to the governance model and project timelines;
– Coordinate with a portfolio of departments and entities, Cyber Command staff, and vendors to implement a range of cybersecurity tools, processes, policies and controls;
– Track project-level interactions and delivery schedule of portfolio of departments and entities using appropriate tools (CRM), manage, mitigate and report project risks and issues;
– Collaborate with Cyber Command Project Management Director and leadership to report on progress to all stakeholders (internal and external);
– Monitor and analyze project metrics to identify efficiencies and recommend process improvements and re-prioritization of implementation to address deviations from plan;
– Coordinate with legal, contracting, procurement, finance, communications and agencies and departments to ensure successful project rollout, communications and adoption.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree, from an accredited college including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in cyber security, network security, computer science, computer programming, computer engineering, information technology, information science, information systems management, network administration, or a pertinent scientific, technical or related area; or
2. A four-year high school diploma or its equivalent approved by a State’s department of education or a recognized accrediting organization and three years of satisfactory experience in any of the areas described in “1” above; or
3. Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” or “2”, above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in “2” above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. In addition, twenty-four (24) credits from an accredited college or graduate school in cyber security, network security, computer science, computer programming, computer engineering, information technology, information science, information systems management, network administration, or a pertinent scientific, technical or related area; or a certificate of at least 625 hours in computer programming from an accredited technical school (post high school), may be substituted for one year of experience.
The preferred candidate should possess the following:
Experience working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
Experience working with stakeholders across multiple departments and subject matter areas;
Experience with project management tools, processes, and methodologies;
Experience using project management tools to track and monitor projects and interactions with stakeholders;
Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills;
Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities;
Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses;
Knowledge of cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools and their capabilities;
Knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption);
Knowledge of current industry methods for evaluating, implementing, and disseminating information technology (IT) security assessment, monitoring, detection, and remediation tools and procedures utilizing standards-based concepts and capabilities;
Knowledge of information technology (IT) supply chain security and supply chain risk management policies, requirements, and procedures.
Special Note: Taking and passing civil service exams are necessary to maintain employment with the City of New York. Please check the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) website (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/exam_monthly.shtml) for important exam filing information. Please ensure that you are either a permanent employee in the civil service title listed on this posting, or, that you file for the examination when there is an open filing period. For more information regarding the civil service process, please visit the DCAS website at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/work.shtml
* Interested applicants with other civil service titles who meet the preferred requirements should also submit a resume for consideration
For City employees, please go to Employee Self Service (ESS), click on Recruiting Activities > Careers, and search for Job ID #445715
For all other applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs/search and search for Job ID #445715
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW
APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OVERSIGHT APPROVAL
Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications and the City of New York are equal opportunity employers.
DoITT participates in E-Verify
Day – Due to the necessary technical support duties of this position in a 24/7 operation, candidate may be required to work various shifts such as weekends and/or nights/evenings.
New York, NY
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.