Nucor Steel, the leading Steel Company in North America and the largest recycler in the world, is recruiting for a PC Tech to join our team. Nucor is proud to be a values-based organization. Our teammates are team oriented, customer focused, people centered, business minded, and driven by continuous improvement. If you enjoy a fast-paced, innovative, work environment and are eager to join one of the fastest-growing companies in our industry, we’d like to hear from you.
Basic Job Functions:
The role of the PC Technician includes serving as a front-line point-of-contact for all of Berkeley IT needs. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to investigating and resolving computer related problems; installing, configuring, and repairing workstations and networked printers; resolving hardware/software conflicts; creating and maintaining documentation of existing and future systems; and working with IT staff and/or vendors as required in order to resolve issues. Able to work rotating shifts and scheduled/ unscheduled overtime including nights, weekends and holidays.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
Pay commensurate with experience
- Two years of experience in a IT service desk environment and tiered escalation
- Basic networking, client connectivity, client OS, applications, and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Basic knowledge of building pc’s/servers, networking, including cabling and infrastructure devices.
- Experience managing Active Directory accounts, security groups, and email distribution lists.
- Experience with electronics/basic electrical skills. A plus and network plus certifications.
Nucor is North America’s leading producer of steel and steel products
Fortune 200 Company
Included in 100 Best Companies to work for in America
Business Week Top 20 Companies in America
Committed to Safety
Nucor is committed to the team:
10 Paid Holidays & Paid Vacation
401K Retirement Plan w/ Company Match
Nucor #1 Steel Producer in America, with operating facilities
Deadline for accepting applications is March 2, 2021.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace