About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk’s short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Graduate Rotational Development Program (RDP) – Finance track is a two-year program that provides a multi-disciplinary Finance learning and development opportunity designed to provide the Associate Manager with both depth and breadth of knowledge and practical experience in corporate finance and the pharmaceutical industry. Throughout the program the Associate Manager will have the opportunity to interact with and present to senior level management. The purpose of the position is to provide a graduate with the opportunity to complete 4 total rotations, with 3 rotations at Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) finance in the US and one elective rotation at our headquarters in Denmark or in another area within NNI. The US rotations will take place in relevant departments based on the graduate’s development needs, as well as organisational needs. The rotations will give the graduate experience within financial planning & analysis (FP&A), gross to net (G2N), and project management.
In FP&A the individual will participate in the target setting/forecast process for NNI financial goals, engage with non-finance stakeholders in budget tracking and spend management, and perform the monthly financial closing process for assigned areas. The individual will regularly update management as to current status vs. target and future expectations for responsibility areas through participation in the monthly closing meeting, regular meetings with stakeholders, and participation in the NNI forecasting process. In the G2N group, the individual will assist in the modelling of volume and pricing forecasts for the entire product portfolio and in the presentation & communication of business and forecast results to stakeholders and senior management. The elective rotation will provide the incumbent a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience either by exploring another discipline (Market Access, Marketing, etc.) or an international experience within the Finance / consulting organizations in headquarters in Bagsværd, Denmark. Identification of elective rotations are based on business needs as well as graduate fit and availability.
Reports to the rotational manager within Finance & Operations with program oversight by the RDP executive sponsor. Works closely with other members of that department and may directly support Vice Presidents (VPs) or Senior Directors on select assignment as well as key stakeholders in other functional areas. RDPs are encouraged to build and sustain a network of Plainsboro and global colleagues to foster organizational understanding and visibility to future prospects.
Seeks mentoring from his/her manager for each rotation across the lifecycle of the program. The mentoring relationship is intended to supplement effective coaching, development and performance enhancement we expect from all managers in the organization.
- Exhibit a process improvement mindset, contribute to the development and improvement of assigned department in respect to processes, procedures, policies and internal/external compliance requirements
- Complete and timely execution of all assignments by the Program Manager and/or Rotation Manager in line with annual plan of the organization
- Learn and develop throughout the program, with a focus on gaining an overview of the Novo Nordisk organization (including general knowledge of the business, the products, the customers, and the competitors); particularly of the NNI Finance organization and developing an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry in which Novo Nordisk operates
- Ensure adherence to prescribed internal controls and documenting such adherence, as necessary, in conjunction with Sarbanes-Oxley or other compliance requirements
- Effectively analyze and interpret data in order to clearly communicate operational performance trends, future outlook, and any resulting implications, required key actions, and/or strategic implications
- Complete and transmit monthly financial statement reports, analytics, and commentary to local and HQ management
- Understand the Novo Nordisk Way with a focus on individual contribution to the Triple Bottom Line and incorporate these ideals into all actions and decision-making processes
- Responsible for mastering and becoming expert in various financial systems such as Business Warehouse, Global Financial Planning, SAP R/3 and ESSBASE, as required
0-10% overnight travel required; May require international travel.
- A recent (i.e., within last 18 months) MBA, MS, or MA degree with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Undergraduate/Graduate Finance, Accounting or Economics concentrations preferred
- Three years of experience in a business environment, including internships
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and assist / lead a project
- Ability to function in a project leadership role
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and a variety of additional technology applications (e.g., SAP)
- Proven leadership skills with a track record of success and the ability to demonstrate initiative and think creatively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to adapt to new marketplaces and environments as dictated by the business
Our recruitment system is undergoing system maintenance starting December 18, 2020 and continuing intermittingly through early January 2021.
If you are interested in applying for this position, we ask that you submit your application prior to the system maintenance period.
• 18.Dec 2 :00 PM EST– 22.Dec 2 :00 AM EST
• 31.Dec 2 :00 PM EST – 4.Jan 2 :00 AM EST
In early January, once our recruitment system is available, all positions that are accepting applicants will be available for your consideration and application.
We understand that this can be frustrating and thank you for your understanding and patience.
To stay updated on system availability, kindly visit novonordisk.com/careers.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.