Maintains, repairs, modifies, replaces, installs, and performs routine and preventive maintenance on a wide variety of light and heavy duty heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment for existing Noven Pharmaceuticals facilities in Miami, FL. Performs routine and non-routine maintenance on equipment and utilities systems while maintaining functionality and ensuring reliability.
· SME (Subject Matter Expert) to troubleshoot and PM site equipment; HVAC units, exhaust fans, air compressors, heaters, pumps, motors, controllers, heat exchangers, cooling towers, chilled water systems, generators, electrical systems, etc.
· Thoroughly document troubleshooting, root cause analysis and correction/corrective actions of critical facilities and utilities systems performance issues or failures, following good documentation practices (GDP).
· Train and supervise staff on operation and repair of equipment as assigned.
· Participate and technically support in equipment installation, commissioning, qualification, re-qualification of existing and/or new equipment as required.
· Perform routine and advanced maintenance on the equipment and systems.
· Schedule, supervise and escort external contractors hired for work related to any facilities/utilities, general building maintenance or construction as necessary.
· Perform routine and advanced inspections and be the technical HVAC SME.
· This position demands a team player approach to project implementation, active participation in technical reviews, equipment relocations, new equipment installations, equipment/facilities refurbishments or overhauls, etc.
· Hands on attitude to resolve complex equipment problems and troubleshooting activities.
· Comprehensive understanding for the use of test instruments and tools, following the best safety practices.
· Understands and complies with all current cGMP’s/GDP, OSHA, Safety rules, PPE, etc.
· Teamwork with engineering, operations, R&D and quality teams to continuously improve site operations.
· Improve the performance metrics within his/her area of responsibility.
· As an extended member of the Hurricane Task Force assist in the early stage of the hurricane threat and be proactive for site preparation at the beginning of the season and a first line respondent during aftermath and site recovery.
· Positive attitude, good sense of urgency to resolve situations and excellent communication skills are a must.
· Duties performed independently. Advanced problem solving and trouble shooting skills are required.
· Regular contact with both internal personnel and external contractors to exchange information and coordinate tasks and work as a team. Must be organized and have good recordkeeping ability following cGMP’s.
· Perform other related duties as assigned. Varying duties dependent upon circumstances and training as directed by department management. Typical additional facilities tasks include but are not exclusive to: lights, doors, floor tiles, ceiling tiles, painting, wall repairs, set up training rooms per customer request, GEM cars, forklifts, etc.
Troubleshoot and PM site equipment; HVAC units, air compressors, heaters, pumps, motors, controllers, heat exchangers, cooling towers, chillers, generators, electrical systems, filters testing, purified water (PW) systems, etc. Familiarity and experience with BMS/BAS (Building Management Systems/Building Automation System) preferred. Knowledge of and experience with RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) and TPM (Total Plant Maintenance) preferred.
Education & Experience:
ENGINEERING DEGREE IS DESIRED. ROLE MAY BE SUITABLE FOR A RECENT ENGINEERING GRADUATE WHO IS WILLING TO BE TRAINED AND LEARN ON THE JOB. ROLE WILL ALLOW AN INDIVIDUAL TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP THEIR CAREER WITHIN A MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT.