Job Summary: Plans, designs, and implements manufacturing processes, ensures new product
designs can be manufactured, and maintains the assembly processes in production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provides day-to-day technical support and training for the assembly processes in the plant.
2. Maximizes efficiency by analyzing assembly line layouts, workflow, assembly methods, change- over-fixturing, gauges, work-in-process (WIP) storage, and tool storage.
3. Develops Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) requirements, including Process Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Process Flow Charts, and Process Design Sheets.
4. Supports Program Management generated project macro-schedules with detailed engineering micro-schedules to ensure that all project milestones are tracked and completed on time.
5. Identifies Value Engineering/Value Analysis (VE/VA) ideas and standard parts to be implemented into new product designs.
6. Communicates all necessary process equipment load requirements to Production Planning.
7. Identifies and provides tooling and equipment requirements, and the need to implement new processes to support launch requirements to the Core Team and all supporting engineering groups.
8. Addresses internal and external customer complaints, conducts investigations, develops root cause
analysis, determines countermeasures, and documents — using NAL problem solving methods.
9. Leads and/or participates in continuous improvement activities targeted to increase productivity and reduce machine downtime and scrap.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
11. Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, or a related discipline
12. Up to 2 years of related manufacturing experience
(experience in a Just In Time (JIT) automotive manufacturing environment is preferred)
13. Strong knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
a. Analytical and problem solving skills
b. Organizational and planning skills
c. Computer skills in standard business software (including MS Office programs)
d. Written and verbal communications and presentation skills
Interpersonal skills — to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority.