Perform diversified, higher-level full range of execution and delivery of diversity & inclusion programs and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs (cultural celebrations, diversity-ties, steering committee(s) management, diversity speaker series, diversity retreat, etc.), and assists the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer with executing relevant strategies
- Organize the planning of various D&I working groups, including meeting management, tracking projects, and maintaining regular status updates
- Execute D&I communications activities in collaboration with the internal Communications and Marketing team including updating and enhancing content on D&I; intranet and internet sites
- Support the development of presentations to advance awareness of key initiatives and demonstrate the impact to the business of NJEDA.
- Administers the day-to-day activities of the D&I Department including tracking translation/interpreter invoices and payments in ReQlogic.
- Provide administrative and tactical support for Diversity initiatives and programs as needed
- Plan and manage diversity outreach and recruitment events, webinars, social media outreach, conferences, and other initiatives that support diversity & inclusion.
- Provides high level administrative support prepares routine correspondence and travel & expense reports, processes incoming and outgoing mail, processes check requests and incoming application checks, maintains department files and archive records. Tracks timecards for department in online ADP portal; serves as Director’s backup to approve department timecards.
- Identify opportunities to improve or streamline processes in support of the D&I team.
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative, and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff, and external customers.
- Must complete annual and semiannual self-assessment as required.
- Performs other duties or special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize workload and provide flexible approaches that meet team needs
- Be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously, and work independently within limited time constraints with little or no supervision.
- Must be familiar with basic overall NJEDA programs core business.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
- Must be able to exercise and maintain high levels of confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
- Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among department, division, EDA staff and external customers
- Punctual and reliable with strong follow-through on tasks.
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate/manage issues that may arise.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software packages
- Providing flexible approaches that meet team needs, including the ability to move fast and unblock teams quickly
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates Degree, and/or equivalent professional experience in Business or Bookkeeping
- Two to five years’ experience in a business environment with some administrative experience preferred
Advanced degree or industry specific certification may be substituted for 1 year of experience
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
- As necessary to events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- Valid driver’s license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
This position is considered exempt and is excluded from minimum wage, overtime regulations, and other rights and protections afforded nonexempt workers under the FLSA.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Foreign degrees/transcripts must be evaluated by a reputable evaluation service at your own expense and must be submitted prior to a start date. If this cannot be provided within 21 days of an offer the offer will be rescinded.
- Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
- Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.