Scientist, Confocal Microscopy & Image Analysis
Nilogen Oncosystems is a rapidly growing cutting-edge biotechnology company dedicated to improving oncology and immuno-oncology drug development processes by using clinically relevant, sustainable and innovative ex vivo platforms of fresh patient tumor tissue.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with expertise in confocal imaging of live tissue to join our research team. The ideal candidate will enjoy having broad responsibilities and will carry out tasks related to contract work to be conducted for clients, as well as internal research & development efforts.
The main responsibilities of the position are to:
- Perform confocal microscopy for quantitative image acquisition and analysis of 3D live tumor tissue to evaluate therapeutics and drug mode of action.
- Develop and implement technical and computational methods for optimization and automatization of live tissue imaging and analysis.
- Perform multiplex immunofluorescence staining and analysis on 3D tumor tissue.
- Evaluate research tools and emerging technologies.
- Prepare reports, publications and oral presentations.
- Performs all work safely and in compliance with all applicable regulations, SOPs, company policies, safety training and procedures
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Collaborate with the Business Development and Marketing group to contribute to Nilogen’s growth.
MS/PhD degree in Cell Biology or related field with at least 3 years of postdoctoral or industry experience.
- Advanced expertise in confocal microscopy and live tissue image analysis.
- Extensive mammalian cell culture experience.
- Strong analytical skills, task-oriented including expertise in the analysis of data.
- Experience with multiplex immunofluorescence staining and analysis.
- Ability to appropriately communicate sensitive information and to judge how and with whom this information should be shared.
· Advanced expertise to lead, design, develop and deliver various preclinical and translational imaging studies.
- Experience in multicolor flow cytometry highly desirable.
- Ability to foster a collaborative, customer-oriented working environment.
- Demonstrated record of initiative, problem-solving, and adaptability.
- Strong listening, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with vendors.
- Completion of CITI training and confidential handling of personalized health and client information.
- Weekend hours will be required.
The Imaging Expert is a critical part of the Research & Development Services team. As a fast-growing leader in pre-clinical oncology drug development, we are seeking an individual with a track record of research excellence.
Equal Opportunity Workplace: At Nilogen, we welcome and support differences and diversity and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Nilogen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender.