Division of Criminal Justice
Medicaid Fraud Control Unit – Buffalo
Reference No. MFCU_BUF_FAA_6165
Application Deadline is April 30, 2021
The New York State Office of the Attorney General’s (OAG) Medicaid Fraud Control Unit is seeking forensic accountants/auditors (FAA) for its Buffalo office. The FAA supports the Unit by working in partnership with its attorneys, detectives, data analysts, nurses, and legal support analysts to conduct complex, long-term healthcare fraud investigations. Utilizing various state laws, including the New York State Penal Law, the False Claims Act, Social Services Law §145-b, and the Executive Law, the Unit, supported by the work of its forensic accountants/auditors, brings civil causes of action or secures criminal indictments to protect the integrity of the State Medicaid program and to protect the health and well-being of residents of residential care facilities. Many of these actions are conducted in coordination with other state, federal or local government and prosecutorial agencies, and have resulted in large-scale financial recoveries on behalf of the State of New York, as well as the arrest and prosecution of various wrongdoers.
Candidates for the entry-level position of FAA must possess:
· A minimum of a four-year college degree, either specifically in finance, accounting, economics, computer science with data analysis, applied statistics, or equivalent post-college work experience.
· Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
· The ability to function as an integral part of an investigative team and work in a group setting.
· Knowledge of fundamental computer applications, such as Word, Excel and Access.
· Proficiency with presentation software, such as PowerPoint.
Preferred skills for the position include:
· The ability to review financial records and advise or assist in the investigation of alleged fraud.
· Designation as a Certified Fraud Examiner.
· Experience with statistical sampling and/or advanced statistical training.
· Knowledge of the healthcare industry and medical coding concepts (CPT, ICD-9 / 10, DRGs) and/or experience analyzing health care claims data.
· A CPA is not required for the position.
OAG employees serve more than 19 million state residents through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please click on the following link: MFCU_BUF_FAA_6165
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by close of business on Friday, April 30.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
· Cover Letter (You may address to Legal Recruitment);
· Unofficial college transcript;
· Writing Sample; and a
· List of three (3) professional or academic references with contact information and email addresses.
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG s or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov