Executive Division – New York City
Reference No. EXEC_NYC_EC_6170
Application Deadline is May 14, 2021
The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking an Events Coordinator to advance, manage, and staff events attended by the Attorney General. Additionally, the Events Coordinator will assist with the planning and implementation of digital events, digital press conferences, and livestreams hosted by the OAG. The Events Coordinator will work in the Operations Department of the Executive Division located in New York City, and will travel frequently to other locations within New York State. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Planning.
The duties of the Events Coordinator will include but not be limited to the following:
· Advancing and staffing events at which the Attorney General appears, including those held on evenings and weekends;
· Planning and managing the logistical production of official in-person and virtual events for the OAG, such as press conferences, town-hall style meetings, and issue-based roundtable discussions, including on-site set-up for in person events;
· Traveling throughout the state to advance and staff the Attorney General’s regional trips;
· Working closely with the press and intergovernmental affairs teams; and
· Liaising with venue managers, vendors, other government agencies, community members, and stakeholders, as appropriate, for event planning, production, and follow-up.
Qualifications for the Events Coordinator position include the following:
· Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree and at least one (1) year of relevant post-college work experience;
· Prior experience with event planning, advancing and/or staffing candidates or elected officials is required;
· A valid driver’s license or the willingness to obtain one immediately, if hired, is also required;
· Availability to work on nights and weekends and for frequent travel within New York State;
· Self-directed with a proactive approach to the physical and logistical work needed to execute events;
· Collaborative, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and sound judgement, including the ability to make appropriate in-the-moment decisions;
· Highly organized, attuned to detail and has the ability to prioritize and manage tight deadlines and shifting dynamics effectively; and
· Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
OAG employees serve more than 19 million state residents through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please click on the following link: EXEC_NYC_EC_6170
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by close of business on May 14, 2021.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
· Cover Letter (You may address to Legal Recruitment)
· List of three (3) professional references with contact information and email addresses
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov