Executive Division – New York City
Briefings and Research Coordinator
Reference No. EXEC_NYC_BRC_6171
Application Deadline is May 14, 2021
The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a Briefings and Research Coordinator to prepare the Attorney General for her daily meetings and events by composing substantive policy briefings and conducting research as needed. The Briefings and Research Coordinator will work in the Operations Department of the Executive Division located in New York City and report to the Director of Strategic Planning.
The duties of the Briefings and Research Coordinator will include but not be limited to the following:
· Researching and drafting briefings for the Attorney General prior to internal and external meetings, and, as requested, on policy issues;
· Preparing memos for the Attorney General on the news of the day;
· Interacting regularly with managers and staff throughout the Agency to gather information;
· Staying abreast of local, state, and national laws, policies, and news that affects the OAG; and
· Conducting vetting and conflict checks on individuals and organizations with whom the Attorney General engages.
Qualifications for the Briefings and Research Coordinator position include the following:
· A bachelor’s degree and at least three to five (3-5) years of post-graduation work experience is required; candidates possessing graduate degrees are preferred;
· Prior experience in government is also preferred;
· Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce clear, concise and error-free documents, including understanding and conveying new and complex information precisely;
· Organized with the ability to effectively prioritize and meet tight deadlines;
· Highly collaborative, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff at all levels of the OAG;
· Experience using Lexis/Nexis or similar research databases and conducting strategic internet searches; and
· Proficiency in other languages is a plus, but not required.
OAG employees serve more than 19 million state residents through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please click on the following link: EXEC_NYC_BRC_6171
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by close of business on May 14, 2021.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
· Cover Letter (You may address to Legal Recruitment)
· List of three (3) professional references with contact information and email addresses
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov