The Director, Project Management (DPM) is responsible for leading teams to deliver projects that span across the entire organization, engaging multiple workstreams and support personnel. The DPM manages resources, schedules, and financials, as well as project and strategic priority changes to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The Director contributes to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Director, Project Management has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. This Director verifies that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case. This Director works closely with all members of the Business Alliance team, especially, the Senior Leadership team, and directly reports to the CFO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Redesign NOLABA’s approach to project management based on the goals of leadership, stakeholders, and staff
- Manage NOLABA’s portfolio of initiatives and provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Design and develop practices, templates, policies, and partnerships to expand and mature the capabilities of the organization. Implement functional project management tool geared towards furthering the strategic goals; assist with development of KPI’s with NOLABA leadership and staff to track progress and life cycle of specific initiatives and projects
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chair the project management team meetings to ensure organizational goals are being met
- Develop reports and provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across leadership
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, Executive Team, Senior Team and key stakeholders
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables, deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication and ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to overarching goals of NOLABA, scope of project, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3 – 5 years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 3 – 5 years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite applications, with expertise in MS PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Proven success in providing leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross – functional environment
- Self-starter who can take initiative and drive results
- Demonstrated imagination and a creative “new way of thinking” in generating new ideas
- Enjoys the dynamics of working in a community with diverse business and political leadership
- Maintains a spirit of excitement, involvement, and commitment; enthusiasm for the power of effective and holistic economic development
- Belief in innovation and the potential for rapid economic growth
- Professional demeanor at all times; ability to act as a representative of the Business Alliance to the public
- Interpersonal skills
- Team building ability
- Sense of humor
- High comfort level with pushback or the vetting of ideas
- Comfort with complexity
- Ability to adapt and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- High ethical standards and commitment to fairness and equity
- Your go-to-phrase is, “let’s think about it, there is probably a way to make it happen”
Physical & Mental Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to speak and hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Read and interpret data (emails, memos, letters)
- Ability to maintain visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to effectively communicate with superiors, peers and subordinates
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual may be required to travel within the New Orleans and United States; international travel may be required.
- This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
- Salary Commensurate with Experience; Exceptional Benefits Package
To apply for this position, send the following documents via email to Careers@nolaba.org:
- Cover Letter
- PowerPoint Presentation and/or Project Plan that was implemented
In your email, please note “Director, Project Management” in the subject line.
New Orleans Business Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
New Orleans Business Alliance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The New Orleans Business Alliance complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
New Orleans Business Alliance expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of New Orleans Business Alliance employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
All Business Alliance employees are subject to the Organization’s Public Records Policies and Procedures.