Utilities Technician I-20000263
The utility technician is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of ammonia refrigeration, boiler, HVAC, and utility equipment/systems. Responsible for troubleshooting mechanical and electrical equipment breakdown issues. Also responsible for responding to chemical (including ammonia) leaks/spills; will be on the plant Emergency Response Team. Must work with various refrigerants, chemicals, solvents, paints, fuels, and lubricants. Must be able to work off of ladders and lift equipment. Must be able to work outdoors in any type of weather. Must be able to work in cold/hot environment and confined spaces.
At times they will need to support other areas of the plant. The position requires good communication skills and teamwork with all departments. Candidates will be chosen based on utilities competence, mechanical/electrical competence, previous experience, plant seniority and attendance. Individuals will need strong time management skills and be self-directed to be able to complete in plant mechanical/electrical projects/repairs. Other duties include equipment logs and reports, utilizing computerized maintenance systems to track equipment reliability and manage time.
• Completion of PM01’s, PM02’s
• Daily utility checklist
• Creating and improving PM01-02’s
• Removal and installation of equipment
• Maintain close working relationship with operations and production maintenance.
• Troubleshoot emergency equipment failures.
• Abide by all plant rules/policies including safety, GMP regulations and perform good housekeeping practices
• Working with the other utility tech’s to increase their electrical skills
• Must be able to work in a team based environment with all departments
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Must have at least three years of experience in operation, repair, and maintenance of refrigeration, and HVAC systems. Ammonia refrigeration and electrical controls experience is highly desirable. EPA refrigerant recovery certification and HAZMAT training certification is preferred.
Must have a high school diploma or GED.
Associate or Technical Degree related to the Utility trade is preferred.