NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with over 165 reviews.
We’re looking for an entry-level Engineer to join our Nash Construction team as our Assistant Resident Engineer.
In this role, you will
- Manage daily construction project operations.
- Directly supervise and provide engineering support to technicians.
- Provide prompt public relations responses to inquiries from the public, NCDOT staff and other governmental agencies.
- Conduct daily coordination with contractors and NCDOT staff.
- Make field engineering decisions.
- Conduct environmental reviews and manage erosion control efforts.
- Perform contract administration (estimates, supplemental agreements, claims, correspondence, submittals, monthly construction meetings, ensuring environmental compliance, etc.)
- Monitor and resolve traffic control issues.
- Coordinate utility relocations.
- Review materials test results and initiate penalties, if required.
You may be required to register as a professional engineer with the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
What You Bring
- Experience reading and interpreting highway construction plans and contracts.
- Skills directing, assisting and training of subordinate employees.
- Experience administering contracts.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Civil Engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of general concepts, practices, and theories used in construction, construction inspection, and/or construction surveying.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in engineering; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Deborah Williamson at 252-640-6400.
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs