Location: Remote or Ashburn, VA.
Salary Range: $43,378 to $51,033
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is the leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to building strong, vibrant, and resilient communities through the power of parks and recreation. With more than 60,000 members, NRPA advances this mission by investing in and championing the work of park and recreation professionals and advocates — the catalysts for positive change in service of equity, climate-readiness, and overall health and well-being. For more information, visit www.nrpa.org. For digital access to NRPA’s flagship publication, Parks & Recreation, visit www.parksandrecreation.org.
NRPA is currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing and Communications department.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· Creates and manages the deployment of marketing emails and email newsletters.
· Creates and manages the deployment of social media messages through all channels.
· Manages the NRPA Annual Conference social media plan.
· Manages the NRPA Career Center marketing campaign.
· Helps maintain and manage the email and social media calendars.
· Manages email and social media metric collection and reporting (specifically those related to marketing campaigns).
· Coordinates advertising space in email newsletters.
· Assists with development of marketing plans while working closely with departments.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred, or related experience
· Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook is required
· Basic understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin)
· Some knowledge of HTML, CSS and Adobe Photoshop a plus
· Creativity, attention to detail and writing skills are all key to the position
· Time management skills and the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Candidate Work Style:
· Excels in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
· Self-directed and detail-oriented with a collaborative and professional team spirit to contribute to a collegial, team-oriented environment
· Willing to travel up to 15 days per year outside of the Washington Metropolitan Area or your remote work location. Remote workers must visit NRPA Headquarters periodically including attendance at the NRPA annual conference.