The position develops email and text (SMS) messaging strategies for Society-wide campaigns. Responsible for managing email and text messaging (SMS) campaigns from conception to execution to analysis. Collaborates with Society business owners and email production marketing team to produce quality, effective email and SMS marketing programs using Society standards and best practices. Ensures data management/integration in coordination with the Marketing Cloud Admin to ensure cohesiveness across Salesforce campaigns.
1. Responsible for managing Society-wide email and text messaging campaigns to achieve optimal constituent engagement experiences (60%)
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop sound email/SMS marketing strategies to achieve specified goals for each campaign
• Manages day-to-day campaign tasks including collection of necessary campaign elements, data requirements, ensuring tracking elements are in place
• Develops and manages A/B test plans within campaigns
• Evangelizes content and design best practices
• Support email production team with project management for intake forms in Asana
• Works with email production team to create and implement email/SMS tactics, such as designing email versions, tests and QA of dynamic content and links
• Manages assets in Marketing Cloud
• Analyzes results to optimize campaigns
2. Adheres to Society standards, processes, and procedures for email/SMS. (40%)
• Implement tasks in alignment with Society’s brand and technical standards
• Contribute to definition and ongoing updates to Society coding/technical standards, quality assurance standards and processes.
• Closely collaborate within/between teams to ensure effective cross-channel experiences in support of Society strategic priorities and expected results.
• Participate in cross-functional work teams to define and develop email/SMS engagement strategies, as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience or demonstrated ability in email marketing, campaign strategy, email development best practices and development and management of text (SMS) campaigns
• Principles of email and SMS marketing, email and marketing automation, best practices, testing, mobile optimization, and design
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, often hectic, and fast-paced environment, and have the ability to meet deadlines and work within a team environment.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Capacity to work with diverse groups of individuals.
• Understanding of email design principals, planning, design, development, testing, and optimization
• Experience with/knowledge of enterprise-level email/SMS tools, particularly Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Donor Drive
• Must be a continual learner to stay abreast of changes in digital technology and online tools.
• Familiarity with responsive design/development practices
• Familiarity of Marketing Automation
• Knowledge of email and SMS marketing for a variety of clients and devices
• Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
Estimated compensation range for this role is $40,000 – $55,000 annually. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic location, consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these factors.
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS.