Potential Work Locations
Atlanta, Georgia, Houston, Texas, Chicago, Illinois
The Individual Giving Manager serves on the fundraising team providing multiple-market support in the central region of the country in support of the $5+ million in mid-level giving revenue annually. The ideal candidate will be based in Texas, Illinois or Georgia.
Mid-Level giving range is defined as $2,500 to $25,000 and is the critical pipeline to major gifts for the organization.
The Manager strategically engages a pipeline of new and retained prospects through a defined portfolio of donors giving at the $2,500-$25,000 level. This position actively works a portfolio to create meaningful interactions including gift solicitation and stewardship. This position plays an active role on relationship management teams to develop and support moves management planning for all assigned prospects.
This position will actively engage in relationship management teams to develop and support moves management planning for each market’s prospects. Responsible for collaborating cross-departmentally at high levels to ensure strategic donor engagement in all facets of the organization.
1. Active Portfolio Management (65% of time)
- Manage defined pipeline of new and retained donors through meaningful interactions and execution of appropriate relationship building steps to increase Individual Giving revenue.
- Actively identify top relationships within portfolio to strategically align moves management plans.
- Regularly research, qualify and assign donors to portfolio through defined processes to determine individuals with capacity and propensity.
- Engage with donors in a variety of ways to identify specific donor interests and deepen their connection to the organization.
- Execute assigned weekly donor thank you calls.
- Participate in relationship management meetings to facilitate collaboration.
- Work collaboratively with Individual Giving Staff and the market management teams as well as key market volunteers to identify, cultivate and solicit donors.
- Leverage national donor cultivation and stewardship opportunities to increase meaningful donor interactions.
- Refine and implement key functions of the Individual Giving operational plan to achieve targeted revenue goals for each assigned market.
2. Event Management (15% of time)
- Collaborate with the donor experience team to implement donor events across multiple markets
- Facilitate correspondence with staff and volunteer leads to ensure roles are understood and relationship management assignments are confirmed.
- Provide personalized outreach to assigned donors.
3. Administration (15% of time)
- Actively record and upload interactions for all assigned donors.
- Qualify prospects within prospect pool and assist Director in making team assignments.
- Regularly review budgets, financial reports and other meaningful reports to help ensure the team is meeting revenue and performance goals.
- Conduct prospect research utilizing a suite of resources, as appropriate.
- Pull defined reports from the reporting system.
- Adhere to Individual Giving operational plans and processes and manage individual expenses according to the established budget
- Remain current on guidelines and protocols in relation to donor engagement
Travel in and to assigned markets is required, as well as attending weekend and evening donor functions.