Underwriting Assistant / Case Manager at National Life Group
(Mandarin Speaking Preferred – this position does not qualify for sponsorship)
The Opportunity to Make a Difference
Our Underwriting Assistants / Case Managers deliver a superior customer experience to the distribution channels—agent or agencies—by ensuring life insurance applications are processed with the speed, accuracy and caring curiosity that gives our customer peace of mind. In addition to assessing basic life insurance risk, you will empower our customers by providing information, help to resolve application issues, and collaborate with the team to reach our full potential and achieve results.
A typical day finds the Underwriting Assistant / Case Manager assessing medical, nonmedical and financial risk factors and determining appropriate rating for life applications, processing applications in workflow management systems, collaborating within a team, and effectively communicating with the agent/agency via phone, email, and CRM. You will be the primary liaison with the producing agent(s)/agency throughout the life cycle of each application.
We encourage and provide professional and personal development opportunities in between handling your daily work with various courses and seminars through our very own NL University. In addition, you will be part of a small, but mighty, work-family working toward our annual goals and developing yourself and teammates along the way…and all for a common Cause!
Successful Candidates We’re Seeking
- You have 2+ years of professional work experience interacting with customers in life insurance and/or annuity field(s)
- You are passionate about working for a company with a cause-driven culture
- A college degree is not required, but it is preferred; ultimately, we value high quality skills, experience and a winning attitude as much as an earned degree
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check that may include fingerprinting
The Skills to Succeed
- You are detail-oriented and great at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- You are an excellent communicator, with empathy and strong listening skills
- You are results-oriented, are great with people and not afraid to lead
- You are an intuitive problem-solver who thinks critically and creatively to deliver the right solution
- You enjoy delighting customers with exceptional service
- You exercise sound judgement and independent thinking in decision making, make while balancing the need for collaboration in a team
- You have a knack for seeing how things can be done more efficiently and effectively, and are open to continuous improvement and change
- You demonstrate a healthy curiosity and passion to continually learn and improve business acumen
- You are adaptable and can roll with change that occurs within a rapidly growing company
What You’ll Find at National Life Group
- Competitive pay and outstanding health, wellness and insurance benefits
- Genuine opportunities for growth and career advancement
- Fun collaborative, team-based environment
- Paid training and development through NL University
- Over $5k in annual tuition reimbursement, including full tuition sponsorship for completing your undergraduate and graduate degrees with University of Arizona World Campus
- Paid time off and holidays
- 40 hours of paid community service hours annually
- Onsite fitness center
- A culture committed to inclusion and diversity
We’ve been keeping our promise to our people, customers, community and environment since 1848. Come join our cause!
This role is not open to applicants residing in Colorado effective 1/1/2021