The Bioinformatician/Bioinformatics Scientist is involved in the analysis of large and complex high-throughput cancer genomics data sets. Assists in developing computational methods, and integrating frameworks developed by our R&D team.
- Analyze high-throughput DNA sequence data and work with our team of scientists and statisticians to answer specific biological questions.
- Help develop tools and automated bioinformatics pipelines for diagnostic test.
- MSc/PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Biostatistics, similar field, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of practical experience in high-throughput genome sequencing analysis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of genomics and relevant NGS analyses (mapping, variant calling, etc.).
- Solid programming skills in at least one modern programming language, Java and/or Python strongly preferred.
- Experience with public domain data sources, e.g. COSMIC and TCGA/ICGC strongly preferred.
- Experience using Linux command-line tools and relational databases (SQL).
- Experience with a scientific programming environment, such as R, is preferred.
- Experience computational cancer genomics is a plus.
- Ability and desire to communicate in cross functional teams with members from varying background.
- Team player, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
Travel required for this position:
No ☐ or Yes ☒ : If yes state anticipated percent for travel: Rarely (less than 10%)
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.