AREA: Administration and Finance
POSITION: Accounting Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Administration
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Manage all forms of financial accounts within the organization. Keep accurate records of both accounts payable and accounts receivable. Prepare departmental reports and cost projections.
- Analyze all accounting processes and make appropriate correction as required.
- Administer credit card statements, reconcile all of it and identify any discrepancies in same.
- Develop and manage financial statements.
- Perform audits.
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Enter and upload invoices into the AP system.
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
- Prepare and process payments for vendors.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Vendor file maintenance
- Maintain historical records.
- Manage Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare analyses of accounts and produce monthly reports.
- Continue to improve the payment process
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
- Reconcile bank and corporate credit card statements.
- Verify discrepancies and dispute any possible mischarges.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
Property Management (No CAM License Required)
- Manage a pool of 25+ residential units.
- Provide customer service.
- Prepare and provide financial reports for this line of business.
- Monthly Sales Tax and Tourist Tax filings
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
MBA is preferred
3-5 years related experience
Skills and Competencies
· Verbal/Written communication skills
· Teamwork and collaboration skills
· Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
· Problem Solving/Analysis
· Work Ethic
· Statistical analysis
· Financial basis
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) – Advanced level
· SAP Business One (or any other ERP) – Advanced level
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35,000 to $45,000 per year