Mount Sinai – Commercialization Team
Manager, At-Home Services
Mount Sinai is one of the largest health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (14th ranked US academic medical center) and innovative research/education (20th ranked US medical school, >$400M annually in NIH-funded research). This reputation is important but it’s not enough. At Mount Sinai, we have a responsibility to make healthcare better, optimizing its value for patients, purchasers, and communities.
The health care industry has a number of problems. Chief among them is affordability as federal and state governments are unable to keep Medicare and Medicaid solvent. Meanwhile, employers are stretched to pay for health benefits for their employees, and those employees struggle to afford increasing paycheck deductions and deductibles. In addition, the industry has historically set a low bar for customer service, earning some of the lowest satisfaction scores of any industry, eroding trust from stakeholders. We want to change all of this.
The Commercialization Team was created to solve these problems. We have assembled Mount Sinai’s clinical and population health assets into product offerings of high-quality care that are affordable and distinguish themselves via exceptional service. Our offerings include advisory services, next-gen primary care at or near the workplace (“Health Centers”), centers of excellence for specialty care, and next-gen insurance products in partnership with health plans. Our team markets and sells these products directly to the purchaser – i.e., consumers, large employers, labor unions. We are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about solving these problems by developing a true system of care that can create and sustain market-leading value.
We are seeking a talented professional to join our team as the Manager, At-Home Services. The Manager will build and manage a team to deliver convenient and reliable at-home and in-office healthcare services to our members. The Manager is responsible for delivering these services, managing staff, building relationships with customers and healthcare providers, and continuously innovating on this product. The Manager is a highly impactful role with significant opportunities to deliver uniquely member-centric healthcare experiences, shape a start-up operation, and build an energized and results-oriented team.
Deliver At-Home Services
- Oversee all care requests from origin through completion
- Develop and own care delivery workflows and tools
- Triage issues as they arise and conduct service recovery when needed
- Measure and report on service delivery outcomes
- Monitor team performance through identification and remediation of issues, regular work audits, and review of key management metrics
- Coordinate schedule and staffing model for remote healthcare service providers including Medical Assistants, navigators, paramedics, etc.
- Connect with and coach staff via regular meetings and 1:1s
- Manage staff performance, including setting clear expectations and providing regular feedback on work
- Hire, onboard, and train new staff
- Foster a positive team culture via regular team activities, pulse checks, etc.
Build and Manage Relationships
- Build and grow customer relationships in collaboration with concierge care providers, Sales, and Marketing
- Serve as Operations point person to onboard new customers, including employers and consumers, across care settings
- Connect with customers to share progress updates, collect feedback, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Support implementation of new vendor partnerships to expand remote care capabilities
- Liaise with Sales team, Health Center Operations team, provider team, and external vendors to ensure effective operations and customer management
- Identify gaps and areas for improvement in the product, leveraging feedback from members and customers
- Partner with Product team to test and implement new features
- Collaborate cross-functionally to showcase the product and communicate new features internally and to customers
Education and Experience
▪ Bachelor’s Degree with academic distinction ▪ Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the health care industry ▪ Experience building and /or managing healthcare delivery operations, especially in a start-up environment ▪ Prefer those with professional experience managing a team ▪ Expertise in using MS Office & Google suites for organization & document creation
▪ Passion for health care as evidenced by academic or personal pursuits and professional experience ▪ Detail-oriented and highly organized who takes pride in delivering only a high-quality work product ▪ Self-motivated who goes beyond what they are told to do; does what the business needs done ▪ Caring leader who promotes well-being and positive work experience for their team and colleagues ▪ Resilient approach to find ways to accomplish goals despite obstacles