Every day, thousands of times a day, we deliver the most critical information in the world. It could be a police officer calling for backup, a fire chief directing a rescue, or a video stream that helps triage the most critical patients. Making this happen on thousands of systems, in dozens of countries, on six continents requires pushing our knowledge of RF technology, cloud systems and cybersecurity to the limit. Join the Platform and Architecture team to help us explore new frontiers of technology, while helping the people that keep your community safe.
The Motorola Solutions Electrical Engineering team specializes in the design and development of world class digital two-way subscriber radios for the mission critical market. The EE engineering team specializes in both Digital and RF design.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- Digital controller development using microprocessors and associated external memory, communication interfaces such as Ethernet and USB
- Analog circuitry development including audio circuitry, codec interfacing, audio gain circuitry
- DC power distribution circuitry; Display driver technology
- Circuit simulation
- Automated test setup and execution typically using LABVIEW
- Develop intellectual property for the corporation.
Additional Qualified Skills:
- Knowledge or experience with design using microprocessors and peripheral interfacing such as displays and memories
- Knowledge or experience with design of audio circuits, including amplifiers, filters, codecs
- Knowledge or experience in DC power regulation and distribution
- Use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DC bench supplies, multi-meters etc. is required
- Knowledge or experience with development tools such as circuit simulators (ex. PSPICE or MATLAB)
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree; major in Electrical Engineering or a related field