We are in the business of auditing, reviewing, or compiling (mainly reviewing) GAAP financials for companies looking to raise funds. We need someone to be an engagement manager/staff with experience in the following:
1. Obtaining limited assurance that client financials are prepared in accordance with GAAP by conducting inquiries, performing analytical procedures, and obtaining supporting schedules, agreements, etc.
2. Convert and consolidate data from excel to GAAP friendly easy to read format. i.e consolidating 100 line items into G and A COS, interest, etc.
3. Review/Prepare notes and disclosures consistent with GAAP based on information provided by clients i.e stock compensation, revenue recognition, debt maturities, equity description, the works (these disclosures can be voluminous as you should know).
4. Conduct research to determine the appropriate presentation of the above.
5. Challenge support provided by the clients if questionable
This role is ideal for staff/managers in public accounting i.e big 4 or regional firms looking to move into the entrepreneurial side of the industry. Willing to teach someone with no experience provided they have an exceptional resume. Impeccable communication and customer service is a must. These companies are typically startups with messy financials. We need to say that the financials are terrible in a tactful way and provide them intelligent guidance on how to correct them while maintaining our independence.
This position is for go-getters and doers. We are a very friendly team and want to keep growing into something great.