At Modernizing Medicine, we look for passionate, innovative, creative Rock Stars!
- Inc. Magazine Best Workplaces of 2020
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America – 2015 – 2019
- Marketing Campaign of the Year for Telehealth – Business Intelligence Group’s Public Relations & Marketing Excellence Award 2020
- Best Use of Technology in Customer Service (Gold) – Customer Sales and Service World Awards® – 2019
- Customer Service Department of the Year (Gold) – Customer Sales and Service World Awards – 2018
- South Florida Business Journal Fastest Growing Technology Company – 2016 – 2018
Modernizing Medicine is delivering truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
Our web and mobile applications are transforming healthcare information technology to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end specialty-specific solutions from practice management, through EMR to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) that maximize office interactions, patient visits, collections and reimbursements.
The role of the Senior User Experience Research to execute innovative approaches in the pursuit of the highest quality user experience for our clients. This individual will play a vital role in web and mobile applications that are changing the way thousands of physicians practice medicine.
The Senior UX Researcher deeply understands the behaviors, mental models and needs of our users. In this role, you will work on complex research and design challenges, and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use solutions for medical practices across the country.
Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of designers, business analysts, and product managers throughout the user-centered process — from early foundational research to evaluating mockups and prototypes with users. As a researcher, you will be responsible for producing insightful user research findings and translating the results into meaningful and innovative user experiences.
- Support the user research needs of our product teams during the design and development of our healthcare web and mobile software products.
- Conduct foundational research to better understand the needs of our customers including contextual inquiries, user interviews, and surveys.
- Conduct formative research to help our UX designers to collect user feedback and to enhance the user experience of our products.
- Conduct summative research to benchmark the usability of our products and identify opportunities to make future enhancements.
- Utilize behavioral analytics tools to understand typical user behaviors and workflows within our software platform.
- Partner with product owners and other stakeholders on UX strategy based on user research data.
- Contribute to the evolution of design principles, guidelines and patterns.
- Collaborate with and inspire others on the UX team, keeping up with the industry evolution including best practices, research methods, new trends and tools.
- Contribute to design deliverables that support the UCD process including wireframes, screen flows, high fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Communicate best practices for research and reasoning behind UX decisions to key stakeholders.
Skills & Requirements:
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Interaction Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human-Centered Computing (HCC), Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, or other relevant programs required.
- A relevant portfolio of work illustrating user-centered research and design solutions (e.g. usability test deliverables, personas, wireframes, workflows, mockups, and prototypes) required.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a user researcher performing both qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Experience using user research tools and methods including card sorting, tree testing, surveys, user interviews, affinity diagramming, persona and journey map development, usability testing and eye tracking.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles.
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch, and prototyping tools such as Invision, Axure or Flinto.
- Experience working in the healthcare field and/or enterprise software applications preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Relocation to Boca Raton, FL strongly preferred.
Modernizing Medicine Benefit Highlights:
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Resource Groups
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement programs and unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations, quarterly onsite massages, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and many more!