Job Title: Case Manager
Department: Stable Homes Program- Rapid Rehousing Programs
Reports To: Associate Director of Community Based Programs
Salary: $36,000 – $40,000
This position provides in home case management to families that are being serviced through our Stable Families Stable Homes Program
1. Performs intake documentation requirements for families referred to the Community Based Programs of Rapid Rehousing.
2. Provides in home case-management activities with all clients housed in the Stable Homes Program, including working with clients to determine client plan, goals, funding streams, and coordinates and performs regularly scheduled home visits. Maintains client case notes, history and data through HMIS (Unity,) utilizing best practices for keeping client information confidential.
3. Works with Housing Team to assist clients moving into Stable Homes Program. Performs client assessments to determine services and resources available to meet client needs. Refers clients to appropriate services based on their needs.
4. Cultivates relationships with landlord and utility providers. Acts as a liaison between clients and landlords.
5. Generates and compiles client outcomes and reports within Unity and Excel for reporting to funders for program.
6. Visit and meet with community service providers, service organizations and institutions which prove beneficial to the maintenance of self-sufficient living.
7. Participate in Metropolitan Ministries’ holiday efforts. Participate in Bridge Builders and other fundraising events when needed.
8. Support the team in other tasks as assigned and attend all team meetings. Meet personal goals and actively contribute to the achievement of the team and organizational targets/goals as stated on the Balanced Scorecard and in the annual plan.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Human Services field required; Master’s degree preferred. 2-4 years of Case Management experience.
Spanish-Speaking. Requires heart for ministry. Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work with low socio-economic and diverse populations facing crisis situations in a professional and diplomatic manner. Ability to deescalate clients on the edge of verbal or physical violence. Ability to work as part of a team within a multi-disciplinary framework. Demonstrates computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Requires oral and written communication skills and the ability to write reports and conduct and participate in meetings.
Physical Requirements: Must have adequate hearing and speaking ability as to take part in and provide sound oral communication and information. Must be capable of working outdoors in sunlight and higher temperatures on occasion. Must have the physical, emotional, and spiritual stamina to handle job-related issues and stress. Must be able to lift 20 lbs or more.
Other: Must demonstrate legal authorization to work in the United States. Must pass required background pre-employment screening. Must be able to communicate effectively in English & Spanish. Requires a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and the ability to qualify for the Ministries’ driving program.