Mersino Dewatering is seeking a self-motivated individual to join the staff of our growing sales team. This position will be based out of our Baltimore (White Marsh) Maryland location and will be responsible for scouring the bid spec market, reviewing project documents (geotechnical reports, borings, plans and project specifications), designing cost effective dewatering and pumping systems, writing quotations while communicating with customers and contractors.
In addition, the Estimating Engineer will be responsible for providing technical and administrative aid to the sales staff as well as information to the general construction industry at large regarding Complete Dewatering Systems, Bypass and Pumping Solutions, Power Generation Services, and One-Pass Trenching Services. The duties of the inside sales team cover a wide scope of responsibilities regarding these specialty services. These individuals are given the opportunity to learn a great deal about the construction and pump manufacturing industries first hand; taking what they learn and using this knowledge to inform other staff and customers across the Nation.
Check us out…
Typical Job Duties:
- Able to field phone calls and direct sales leads to appropriate personnel
- Evaluate search outputs for strong bidding opportunities for the company
- Assist in writing comprehensive quotations based on the data provided and the knowledge of Mersino’s cost structure and product line to be delivered by the customer relations staff
- Assist with the gathering of technical data on projects, analyzing that data, and preparing reports to summarize project details
- Assist with resolving problems in system design
- Participate in post-audit analysis of project results including cost management and objectives achieved
- Assist with problems involving system design, such as, but not restricted to, hydraulic analysis, fluid dynamics, and system modeling
- Observe, retain, and apply skills and knowledge obtained at the workplace
- Perform mathematical and engineering calculations and estimates
- Evaluate engineering plans, drawings and specifications to prepare quotations and prepare detailed technical reports and analyses based on engineering specifications
- Write detailed commercial and technical descriptions for project quotations
- Conduct post-project audits and analyses of completed projects through organization of available project data to improve quotation techniques
- Preferred : A degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Geology, Hydrogeology, Geotechnical Engineering, or an equivalent amount of school or work experience in a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to problem solve using technical data
- Strongly self-motivated, ability to perform tasks with little or no direction
- Preferred: Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and/or technical manuals preferred
- Preferred: Knowledge of budget cost estimating and bidding procedures preferred
- Preferred: Work experience in the construction industry preferred
- A professional demeanor
- High attention to detail
- The ability to work under a time constraint to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel (locally, and nationally occasionally)
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet job requirements
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward
Mersino offers an excellent compensation and benefits/ 401k package for the right candidate. Don’t wait, apply today!
Mersino is a recognized leader in dewatering solutions offering state-of-the-art technology and award-winning customer service. Mersino is a single source for pumping services, contract dewatering, one-pass trenching, power generation, trenching and drilling, and we have evolved into a multi-faceted corporation able to engineer and deploy a full-service approach to groundwater control and pumping solutions. We consider our people, the Mersino Team, as our most valuable asset to help strive and maintain a culture that inspires dedication to customer service.
Mersino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.