With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” Medline has a new, state-of-the-art corporate headquarters in Northfield, IL, just north of Chicago. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
The challenging responsibilities of the position include:
Support projects related to demand planning, inventory management, procurement, supply chain and operations network planning.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under direct supervision, prepare supply chain and operational analysis and project plans. Follow up, report on and coordinate projects.
- Analyze and direct the movement of imported goods into the branches to optimize service at the lowest transportation cost.
- Analyze reports to identify issues within the import supply chain. Coordinate the distribution of products to the branches.
- Provide analysis and reporting in conjunction with Information Systems, division Operations and Financial Audit.
- Communicate results of key measurement projects.
- Apply reporting standards for ad-hoc and routine business reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Information Services, Mathematics or Applied Statistics.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Experience in buying and import logistics.
- Experience with SAP.