With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” Medline has a new, state-of-the-art corporate headquarters in Northfield, IL, just north of Chicago. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline offers entry level candidates the ability to take ownership and make an impact from the start. In addition to the role, Medline will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout your career through training programs and fun events.
The goal of the Associate Quality Engineer position is to provide basic QA support to the Division including complaint investigation, resolution, product development, and reporting.
The challenging responsibilities of the position include:
- Responsible to investigate customer/sales force complaints to assure complaints are investigated accurately and closed in a reasonable amount of time.
- Run monthly or quarterly complaint trend reports per SOP’s.
- contacting product manager/production/manufacturing facility for corrective/preventative actions.
- Issue replacements/credit orders/RGAs as required for complaint resolution and to notify sale reps/customers the results of the investigation.
- Coordinate rework of product as required in response to complaints.
- Identify work in process and authorize production stoppage when appropriate to prevent further complaints. Initiate supplier corrective action reports to suppliers and follow up with them to implement the corrective actions.
- Coordinate or perform inspections of new products or products from new vendor at branches and factories.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field required
- Senior standing with a 3.0 minimum GPA preferred
- Experience in processing all relevant details, understanding and prioritizing their importance and drawing clear and concise conclusions.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience using MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Unrestricted permanent US work authorization.