The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for the day-to-day customer support of their accounts in partnership with their outside sales representative. They will take direction from their manager, outside sales rep and VP on how to manage each customer. This role will be supporting many day-to-day tactile tasks that must take place to provide an excellent customer experience. They will also be responsible for relationship management, retaining customers, identifying gaps in service, identifying needs and growing their business in a designated territory.
This is a supportive role to outside sales, so coordination with the outside sales rep will be critical. The CSM is expected to build direct relationships with customers, lead initiatives to grow business, deliver customer-facing communications, be responsible for updating SFDC with customer demographic information, submit price requests, monitor purchases, provide and/or schedule customer training, generate or deliver customer purchase or GPO reports. They will partner with their outside sales counterpart to retain and maximize customer engagement with McKesson and provide an excellent customer experience.
- Partner with outside sales to grow and retain business while providing continuous feedback on customer activity and build strategy/plan for each customer
- Execute campaign sales to grow customer spend with McKesson
- Customer quarterback: handle day-to-day customer need, ensure customer issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly, and ensure customer maximizes existing products and services.
- Develop a knowledge base of the marketplace, environment, physician practice dynamics and concerns
- Participation in training and educational key learning initiatives
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 4-year degree preferred.
- 2 years sales and/or account management experience in the healthcare setting, preferably within the pharmaceutical/biotech or healthcare distribution space.
- Consultative selling experience to the specialty physician market highly preferred.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of healthcare and distribution such as GPO, industry trends, EHRs, inventory management technologies, billing and coding, private and public reimbursement models and payer contracting highly desired
- Experience with pharmaceutical products and buy-and-bill model
- Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Salesforce.com, CRM, SAP, Tableau software experience helpful
- Motivation to excel and achieve sales results
- Team player with strong interpersonal and resource management skills
- Capable of preparing and delivering professional sales presentations to divergent audiences.
- Ability to identify all decision makers and gain a commitment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and develop relationships at all organizational levels.
- Ability to navigate a matrix organizational structure
- 4-year degree required or relevant work experience preferably with an emphasis in sales and marketing, business management, or healthcare related field or equivalent experience in a sales position
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!