Mayvin® is seeking a Technical Proposal Writer that researches, organizes, and writes technical proposal content on a deadline. The successful candidate will have a background in research, excellent research and interview skills, and the ability to convey complex ideas with authority and in a manner easily understandable by a broad audience. Experience in federal contracts and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as well as technical writing experience are a must.
Position is located in Annandale, VA.
This position requires U.S. citizenship.
Will be required to submit to a background investigation and be eligible for a DOD Secret clearance to maintain employment.
- Works with Business Development Leads to understand proposal requirements and to meet proposal deadlines not the writing is not limited to proposal only and includes all business development produces and requirements.
- Maintaining a Business Development organization calendar, including proposals schedules, data calls, meetings, and conferences.
- Reads solicitation material to understand scope and client terminology
- Conducts interviews with technical leads and other subject matter experts and program staff to understand the solution
- Conceptualizes and creates high quality, accurate, and persuasive proposal content, translating highly scientific content into terms that appeal to a range of expert to general scientific reviewers
- Adheres to all client requirements and complies with the Company’s formats and standards, including all instructions pertaining to bid preparation and submission guidelines
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals
- Leads the development and enhancement of standard proposal content
- Remains current with Mayvin’s solutions, products, and messaging to ensure the our competitive advantage is clearly communicated and understood in client materials
- Responsible for other projects and responsibilities as assigned, including but not limited to writing, reviewing, and editing other types of content
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in technical and/or proposal writing
- Demonstrated writing, proof-reading, and copy-editing skills required
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation; must be a self-starter
- Must possess superior time management, planning and organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and quality decision-making skills
- Strong Microsoft desk top publishing (DTP) skills preferred
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively across diverse, cross-functional team of growth, operations and corporate staff and assigned technical experts
- Strong research and interview skills
Mayvin is a dynamic women-owned small business created out of a commitment to deliver unparalleled service to our clients. We are a global technical and knowledge-based services company supporting defense, and intelligence, and federal civilian government customers. We work across multiple domains including analysis, cyber, engineering, management, and integration of emerging technologies within the U.S. Government, associated Combatant Commands, Allies, and partners. Headquartered in the D.C. Metropolitan Area, Mayvin supports government clients in several states and OCONUS, and is comprised of former military and government civilian personnel. We create effective strategies for program design, execution, and sustainment while implementing action plans to meet our clients’ goals. Navigating the complex world of integrating technology into the modern battlefield requires knowledge. At Mayvin, we bring knowledge to you.
A “Mayvin” is a trusted expert in a particular field who seeks to pass knowledge on to others – a builder of networks, a communicator of knowledge.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits package, along with an award winning corporate culture and supportive team environment.
Mayvin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Mayvin is a current participant in E-Verify and conducts internal I-9 audits at least once per year.